- AIDS Treatment News New Philadelphia Contacts
- AIDS Treatment Fact Sheets: Interview with Bob Munk, New Mexico AIDS InfoNet
Widely regarded as the best collection of single-page AIDS fact sheets, these cover over 100 treatment-related topics; each is available in both English and Spanish, and is changed as necessary to remain current.
- Urgent, United Nations AIDS Session, Deadline February 1, 2001, Email Input Any Time
Nonprofits and businesses must apply by February 1 to be accredited to participate in person in consultations leading up to this important U.N. session in June. You can also participate through a special email discussion group, regardless of the February 1 deadline -- but earlier is better, as critical preliminary meetings start in February.
- Nevirapine Warning on Post-Exposure Prophylaxis
Nevirapine should not be used to prevent infection after HIV exposure, except in unusual circumstances, due to the risk of side effects. This warning does not affect its use in HIV treatment, or in prevention of mother-to-child transmission.
- d4T plus ddI: Warning for Pregnant Women
New data suggests that pregnant women may be at increased risk of lactic acidosis from the combination of d4T and ddI.
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2001 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.