Print this page    •   Back to Web version of article

AmFAR Seeks Medical Writer/Editor in New York

By John S. James

February 28, 2001

The American Foundation for AIDS Research (AmFAR) is hiring a medical editor for its treatment publications, including the AmFAR HIV/AIDS Treatment Directory. This job is at the organization's New York City location.

"The Editor will develop and edit style, accuracy and comprehensiveness of treatment information for various publications, and write reports and articles. Responsible for collecting and verifying pre-clinical and clinical treatment-related information from local, national and international conferences, clinical research sites, foundations, government, drug manufacturers and on-line literature.

"Ideal candidate is science writer with at least a BS and 3 years experience in science/technical fields, and strong general science background. Knowledge of statistical and medical terminology, and history, pathogenesis and epidemiology of HIV/AIDS required, with background in reviewing and abstracting scientific literature desirable.

"Very competitive salary and benefit package. Send resume and letter with salary requirements to: Susan Kennedy, Director -- Human Resources, 120 Wall Street, 13th Floor, New York, NY 10005, (212) 806-1625, (212) 806-1606 fax,

ISSN # 1052-4207

Copyright 2001 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.

Back to the AIDS Treatment News February 28, 2001 contents page.

This article was provided by AIDS Treatment News. It is a part of the publication AIDS Treatment News. You can find this article online by typing this address into your Web browser:

General Disclaimer: is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided through should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, consult your health care provider.