- HIV Resistance: Data and Spin
National press stories largely misinterpreted the new study which found high levels of HIV drug resistance in U.S. patients.
- Barcelona Conference Abstract, Scholarship Deadlines Early 2002
Online abstract submissions for the XIV International AIDS Conference in Barcelona (July 7-12, 2002) need to be received by January 21 (note time zones); deadline is January 14 for paper or disk abstract submissions to be received. Scholarship applications are due February 1.
- African-Americans and AIDS Conference, February 25-26, Washington
Nationally prominent speakers will address this year's conference.
- AIDS Treatment News Denialist Series
During the last year and a half AIDS Treatment News has published a series of articles answering fringe theories (that HIV is harmless, HIV doesn't exist, people should not be tested for HIV or take antiretrovirals if positive, etc.). Here are the references and links to all the articles in our series.
- Medical Marijuana Grants: Application Deadlines January 15, May 1, and September 1
The Marijuana Policy Project announced grants up to $50,000 for projects on law reform, especially medical marijuana.
- Buyers' Club List, December 2001
Our annual list of AIDS-related buyers' clubs and contact information.
- AIDS Treatment News Index, 2001
Annual index of this year's articles
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2001 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.