- Retroviruses Conference Reassuring on New Treatments, Viral Targets, Research
Researchers are reporting more potentially important information today than at conferences in the last few years. But some of the new reports are confusing or contradictory.
- Lipoatrophy and Antiretroviral Drug Changes
Certain treatment changes may prevent lipoatrophy (abnormal fat loss) from getting worse in many patients -- and lead to a slow return of some of the lost fat.
- Retroviruses Conference: Web Coverage
Here are some Web sites with talks, abstracts, posters, and summaries from the recent Retroviruses conference.
- d4T and Lactic Acidosis With Neuromuscular Weakness: FDA Warning
Patients with certain symptoms associated with high lactate should get medical attention immediately, and may need to suspend antiretroviral treatment.
- FDA Approves New Dosing for Amprenavir and Ritonavir Combination
The FDA approved dosing for the amprenavir (Agenerase®) or ritonavir (Norvir®) combination, allowing either once-daily or twice-daily dosing.
- FDA Approves Once-Daily Efavirenz Formulation, Revised Labeling
The FDA approved a new 600-mg efavirenz (Sustiva®) tablet, to be taken once daily. The smaller sizes remain available.
- AIDS Treatment and Related Conferences, March Through December 2002
Here is our list of upcoming conferences that may be of interest to our readers.
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2002 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.