AIDS Treatment and Related Conferences, March Through December 2002
March 8, 2002
AIDS Treatment News
compiled this list and checked the Web sites as we went to press in early March. Please let us know of other meetings that should be on this list. We can run updates if necessary.
- 2002 National STD Prevention Conference, March 4-7, San Diego http://www.stdconference.org/.
- The Presidential Advisory Council on HIV/AIDS (PACHA), March 14-15, Washington DC http://www.pacha.gov.
- The Crisis of Neglected Diseases: Developing Treatments and Ensuring Access, March 14, New York City, http://www.neglecteddiseases.org/. Organized by MSF (Doctors Without Borders) and others -- not focused on AIDS but relevant to global medical care.
- 15th International Conference on Antiviral Research, Prague, Czech Republic, March 17-21 http://isar-icar.com/icarmain.html.
- National AIDS Update Conference (NAUC), March 19-22, San Francisco (sponsored by the American Foundation for AIDS Research) http://www.nauc.org.
- 2002 HIV Advocacy Network Conference, "Making Room at the Table: Keeping HIV/AIDS on the Priority List," Saturday March 23, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. For more information contact Elisa Quarles, 415-487-3085, or George Greenwell, 415-487-3080, at the San Francisco AIDS Foundation.
- Conference on the International Patent System, March 25-27, Geneva, http://patentagenda.wipo.int/meetings/2002/index.html.
- HIV-1 Protection and Control by Vaccination, April 5-11, Keystone, Colorado http://www.keystonesymposia.org/Meetings/ViewMeetings.cfm?MeetingID=613.
- HIV Pathogenesis: Recent Advances in the Biology and Pathogenesis of Primate Lentiviruses, April 5-11, Keystone, Colorado http://www.keystonesymposia.org/Meetings/viewmeetings.cfm?Meetingid=612.
- CANCELLED: 4th European Symposium on the Clinical Implications of HIV Drug Resistance, had been scheduled for April 5-7, in Frankfurt, Germany http://www.intmedpress.com/frankfurt/.
- Rally to support The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis, and Malaria, April 10, Washington DC email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of HIV Infection, April 11-13, Washington DC (co-sponsored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration) http://www.virology-education.com/index2.html (click on the conference).
- Fifth International Conference on Healthcare Resource Allocation for HIV/AIDS, April 15-17, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil http://www.iapac.org/conference/01news.html.
- Antiviral Chemotherapy: New Directions for Clinical Applications and Research, April 18-20, San Francisco, California http://medicine.ucsf.edu/cme/2002cal/K131.html.
- 3rd European Workshop On Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Disorders, April 25-27, Marbella, Spain http://www.kobe-lipodystrophy.com/.
- 12th Annual Clinical Care Options for HIV Symposium, April 25-28, Miami, Florida. "This meeting is designed for and limited to experienced frontline primary HIV care physicians, clinical researchers, other advanced frontline clinicians actively treating HIV infected individuals... For faculty and agenda details, please visit the Symposium Web site at http://www.imedoptions.com or forward e-mail inquiries to email@example.com."
- The Second Collaborative Research Seminar on HIV and Other Viral Entry Inhibitors, May 3-5, 2002, The Waldorf Astoria, New York, NY. The Macrae Group, 230 East 79th St, Suite 8E, NY 10021, 212-988-7732, 212-717-1222 firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstract deadline 3/15; registration for this conference costs $795 ($300 student).
- CPCRA (Spring 2002 Group Meeting of the Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS), May 4-6, Reston, Virginia http://www.cpcra.org.
- Fifth Annual Conference on Vaccine Research, May 6-8, Baltimore MD http://www.nfid.org/conferences/vaccine02/.
- Microbicides 2002, May 12-15, Antwerp, Belgium http://www.itg.be/micro2002/.
- International AIDS Candlelight Memorial, May 19, in 500 cities in 75 countries http://www.candlelightmemorial.org/.
- Digestive Disease Week 2002, May 19-22, San Francisco, California http://www.ddw.org.
- Technical Assistance -- How to Get It Right, MSF (Doctors Without Borders), OXFAM, and others will hold a conference on implementation of the Doha Declaration on international trade rules and public health, May 28, Geneva http://www.accessmed-msf.org/.
- First International Young Peoples Conference on Aids in Africa, May 28 - June 1, 2002, Mombasa Kenya. Contact William O'Dour, The Secretariat, Afyoac's First International Africa Young Peoples Conference on Aids, Kisumu, Kenya. Tel: 254 35 51512, Fax: 254 35 21834, Mobile: 072 -741222, email@example.com.
- First African AIDS Vaccine Program (AAVP), June 3-4, Cape Town, South Africa. For information contact Marie-Louise Chang, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AIDSWATCH (largest AIDS lobbying/education event), June 9-11, Washington DC http://www.napwa.org/.
- 12th International Symposium on HIV & Emerging Infectious Diseases, June 13-15, Toulon, France http://www.avps.org.
- Neuroscience of HIV Infection, June 19-22, Düsseldorf, Germany http://www.uky.edu/SMRT/neurosci.html.
- XI International HIV Drug Resistance Workshop: Basic Principles & Clinical Implications, July 2-5, Seville, Spain http://www.informedhorizons.com/resistance2002/.
- Communities in Action: Knowledge, Commitment and Challenge, July 7 (community forum at Barcelona, with space for 1,500 delegates -- registration deadline May 10), http://www.aids2002.com.
- XIV International AIDS Conference, July 7-12, Barcelona, Spain http://www.aids2002.com. (Note: There will be many satellite meetings as well, usually in the days before the main conference.)
- AACTG (Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group) 2000 Summer Meeting (Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group), July 27-31, Arlington, Virginia http://aactg.s-3.com/.
- 2002 International Meeting of the Institute of Human Virology, September 9-13, Baltimore, MD http://www.ihv.org/.
- United States Conference on AIDS, September 19-22, Anaheim, California http://www.nmac.org/usca/default.htm.
- 4th International Workshop on Adverse Drug Reactions and Lipodystrophy in HIV, September 22-25, San Diego, California http://conferences.intmedpress.com/lipodystrophy.
- 42nd Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy (ICAAC), September 27-30, San Diego, California http://www.icaac.org/ICAAC.asp.
- 5th International Workshop on HIV, Cells of Macrophage/Dendritic Lineage and Other Reservoirs, October 13-15, Rome, Italy, http://www.eac.it.
- DNA Vaccines 2002: The Gene Vaccine Conference, October 23-25, Edinburgh, UK http://www.dnavaccine.com/.
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), October 24-27, Chicago, Illinois http://www.idsociety.org/ME/AM2002/ToC.htm.
- American Public Health Association (APHA), November 9-13, Philadelphia http://www.apha.org/meetings/.
- CPCRA (Winter 2002 Group Meeting of the Terry Beirn Community Programs for Clinical Research on AIDS), November 16-18, Washington DC, http://www.cpcra.org.
- 6th International Congress on Drug Therapy in HIV Infection, Glasgow, Scotland, November 17-21, http://www.hiv6.com.
- AACTG (Adult AIDS Clinical Trials Group) 2000 Winter Meeting, December 3-7, Arlington, Virginia http://aactg.s-3.com/.
- Third HIV DRP Symposium, Antiviral Drug Resistance, December 8-11, 2002, Chantilly, Virginia http://web.ncifcrf.gov/campus/symposium/.
- HIV DART 2002, Frontiers in Drug Development for Antiretroviral Therapies, December 15-19, Naples, FL, http://www.informedhorizons.com/hivdart2002.
For other AIDS conference lists, see: http://www.thebody.com/treat/conf.html#upcoming
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2002 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.
Back to the AIDS Treatment News March 8, 2002 contents page.
This article was provided by AIDS Treatment News
. It is a part of the publication AIDS Treatment News.