- Barcelona Conference: New Online Report
An excellent collection of articles, written mainly for HIV
medical professionals, summarizes some of the important medical
information from the Barcelona conference.
- Barcelona Conference Daily News Links
These sites have short reports, usually published within a day or
two and focusing on a single medical presentation. You can quickly
scan what's available, then read what you need.
- ACTG 384 at Barcelona: The Bottom Line
Unexpected early results from a major clinical trial will change
some treatment decisions.
- Nandrolone: Generic Now in Stock
On June 28 we reported that the anabolic steroid nandrolone suddenly became unavailable in the U.S. (except perhaps for a
compounded version). Since then a new generic product has reached
some pharmacy shelves.
- "Save ADAP" Campaign Starts August 12 -- What You Can Do Now
An excellent instruction kit for advocacy is available.
- National AIDS Treatment Advocates Forum (New Orleans, December 2002): Scholarship Deadline is August 16, 2002.
- Barcelona Comments
What do we see as most important from the conference -- or missing from it? Besides new drugs, we look at how vaccines could be developed much faster -- and at leadership (and lack of it) in controlling a global epidemic that is becoming much worse than was expected even recently.
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2002 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.