The annual Retroviruses conference, one of the world's most
important scientific meetings on HIV, will not take place
until February 2003, but scholarship and other deadlines are
approaching. For community members without an accepted
scientific abstract, the scholarship or community press
applications are the only way to get into this meeting.
Therefore some will need to apply for the scholarship whether
or not they need the money.
This year the 10th Conference on Retroviruses and
Opportunistic Infections will be held in Boston for the first
time, at the Hynes Convention Center, February 10-14, 2003.
Deadlines by Date
- For scientists, abstracts are due October 23 at 5:30
Eastern time (except late breakers).
- Also for scientists, the Fellow Travel Grant applications
are due October 23.
- For international scholarships, the application deadline is
- For U.S. community scholarships, the deadline is November
- For community press, the deadline is also November 8.
- Preferred registration and housing for invited speakers and
authors of accepted abstracts (two per abstract) is open
- Registration for other researchers and clinicians (without
an accepted abstract) is open December 2-January 10.
Caution -- sometimes this conference fills almost
immediately; in case that happens these applications must be
sent as soon as this period begins. This year the conference
will accept 3,800 registrations.
- The late breaker abstract deadline is January 6 at 5:30
Be sure to check the conference Web site,
www.retroconference.org, to confirm these dates and to
get the forms and other information needed to apply.
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2002 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.