AIDS Treatment and Related Conference Calendar (Starting September 2004)
September 15, 2004
Here is a short list of some important upcoming AIDS conferences this year (and a few that are most important to our readers in 2005 and 2006). For a much more extensive list of AIDS conferences, see www.thebody.com/cdc/newconfs/newconfs.html
[Note: This list does not include meetings designed primarily as continuing medical education (CME) training for medical professionals -- some of which, like those of the AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETCs), we highly recommend. However, CME credits are available for many of the conferences below.]
- Staying Alive, September 10-12, 2004 in Atlanta, GA. Organized by National Association of People with AIDS; builds leadership skills among people living with HIV from around the country (www.napwa.org/stayingalive/).
- IDSA (Infectious Diseases Society of America) 42nd Annual Meeting, September 30 - October 3, 2004 in Boston (www.idsociety.org/, click on the meeting announcement).
- United States Conference on AIDS (USCA), October 21-24, 2004 in Philadelphia, PA. Organized by the National Minority AIDS Council and many partner organizations; about 3,000 people are expected (www.nmac.org/conferences/usca2004/).
- 6th International Workshop on Adverse Drug Reactions and Lipodystrophy in HIV, October 25-28, 2004 in Washington, DC. Expensive conference, some scholarships available, community and press deadlines August 20, no on-site registration (www.intmedpress.com/lipodystrophy/).
- AASLD (American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases), October 29 - November 2, 2004 in Boston (www.aasld.org/, click on "The Liver Meeting").
- ICAAC (Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy), October 30 - November 2, 2004 in Washington, DC. Major conference on new antibiotics and antivirals (www.icaac.org/44ICAAC/44icaac.asp).
- Institute of Human Virology, 2004 International Meeting, October 31 - November 4, 2004 in Baltimore (www.ihv.org/meeting/).
- CANCELLED: International Conference on Healthcare Resource Allocation for HIV/AIDS (ICHRA), November 3-4, 2004 in Washington, DC, "HIV/AIDS and the United Nations Millennium Development Goals" (www.iapac.org).
- American Public Health Association (APHA), November 6-10, 2004 in Washington, DC (www.apha.org/meetings/).
- 5th National Harm Reduction Conference, November 11-14, 2004 in New Orleans, LA (www.harmreduction.org/conf2004).
- National Conference on Correctional Health Care, November 13-17, 2004 in New Orleans, LA (www.ncchc.org/education/national2004/neworleans.html).
- Seventh International Congress on Drug Therapy in HIV Infection, November 14-18, 2004 in Glasgow, UK (www.hiv7.com/).
- Association of Nurses in AIDS Care (ANAC), November 15-18, 2004 in New Orleans (www.anacnet.org/conferences/index.html).
- North American AIDS Treatment Action Forum (NATAF), December 9-12, 2004 in St. Louis, MO. Sponsored by the National Minority AIDS Council (http://126.96.36.199/conferences/nataf2004/).
- Ryan White Youth Conference, February 19-21, 2005 in Nashville, TN (plus Youth Institute, February 18). Organized by the National Association of People with AIDS (NAPWA) (www.napwa.org/rwnyc/).
- 12th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections, February 22-25, 2005 in Boston, MA (www.retroconference.org).
- AmfAR National HIV/AIDS Update Conference, April 10-13, 2005 in Oakland, California (www.amfar.org/nauc).
- 3rd IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis and Treatment, July 24-27, 2005 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (www.ias.se/ias2005/).
- XVI International AIDS Conference, August 13-18, 2006 in Toronto, Canada. This is the big international conference conducted every two years -- the next one after the 2004 conference in Bangkok, Thailand, which drew over 15,000 people (www.ias.se/AIDS2006/).
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2004 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.
This article was provided by AIDS Treatment News
. It is a part of the publication AIDS Treatment News.