Conferences and Meetings Calendar, 2005
February 28, 2005
We selected national/international AIDS treatment and related conferences from March through December 2005 (and also included the big international conference in 2006). For other lists of AIDS conferences and meetings, see the following:
[Note: The list below does not include most meetings designed primarily as continuing medical education (CME) training for medical professionals -- some of which, like those of the AIDS Education and Training Centers (AETCs), we highly recommend.]
Some of the listings below are included for general interest, although it is unlikely that our readers will attend.
If you think other meetings belong on this list, let us know at email@example.com
- 2005 National Conference on African-Americans and AIDS: A National Forum on HIV/AIDS for Health Professionals Who Provide Care for African-Americans, February 28-March 1, 2005 in Philadelphia, www.minority-healthcare.com.
- 1st International Conference on Immunodeficiency Disorders, February 28-March 2, 2005 in Tehran, Iran, www.iaari.hbi.ir/icid.
- 1st European Consensus Conference on the Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B and C in HIV Co-Infected Patients, March 1-March 2, 2005, www.coinfectionecc.org/ (sold out, waiting list only).
- 2005 American Correctional Health Services Association (ACHSA) Multidisciplinary Training Conference: Diminishing Resources: The New Reality, March 31-April 4, 2005 in Oakland, CA, http://achsa.org/displaycommon.cfm?an=4.
- AmfAR National HIV/AIDS Update Conference, April 10-April 13, 2005 in Oakland, California, www.amfar.org/nauc.
- 4th International Conference & Exhibition on Traditional Medicine, April 11-13, 2005, in Dakar, Senegal, www.africa-first.com/4thictm.asp.
- International Workshop on Clinical Pharmacology of HIV Therapy, April 28-30, 2005, in Quebec City, www.virology-education.com.
- AIDSWATCH advocacy, May 2-5, 2005 in Washington DC. National Association of People with AIDS, www.napwa.org/AIDSWatch/ (note capitalization in the Web address).
- 14th Annual Canadian Conference on HIV/AIDS Research, May 12-May 15, 2005 in Vancouver, www.seatoskymeetings.com/cahr/.
- Fifteenth Annual Clinical Care Options for HIV Symposium, May 19-22, 2005 in Dana Point, California, www.clinicaloptions.com/hiv/conf/cco2005/.
- Global Health Council's Annual Conference, May 31-June 3, 2005, in Washington DC, www.globalhealth.org/conference/.
- XIV International HIV Drug Resistance Workshop, June 7-11, 2005, in Quebec City, www.informedhorizons.com/resistance2005.
- 2005 National HIV Prevention Conference, June 12-15, 2005, in Atlanta, www.2005hivprevconf.org/.
- 16th Biennial Meeting of the International Society for Sexually Transmitted Diseases Research (ISSTDR), July 10-13, 2005, in Amsterdam, www.isstdr.org.
- 3rd IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis and Treatment, July 24-27, 2005 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. www.ias.se/ias2005/.
- First National Conference on Methamphetamine, HIV and Hepatitis, August 19 and 20, in Salt Lake City, www.harmredux.org/conference2005.html.
- Tenth Annual International Meeting of the Institute of Human Virology, Aug. 29-Sept. 2, 2005 in Baltimore, MD, www.ihv.org/meeting. (Organized by Robert Gallo, M.D., this meeting presents new developments in HIV/AIDS basic, clinical and epidemiological research, and is attended by scientists from around the world. Abstract submissions are due May 23.)
- AIDS Vaccine 2005, September 6-9, 2005, in Montreal, www.aidsvaccine05.org.
- 45th Interscience Conference on Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy, September 21-24, 2005, in New Orleans, www.icaac.org/.
- 2005 United States Conference on AIDS (USCA), September 29-October 2, 2005, in Houston, www.nmac.org/ (select USCA under the "conferences" menu on the left).
- AIDS March, October 8-12, 2005 in Washington DC (September 18-October 8, caravans across the U.S. to Washington D.C.). To join the Campaign to End AIDS send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, go to www.aidsmarch.org to register or call 202-408-0305.
- National Conference on Correctional Health Care, October 8-12, 2005, in Denver, www.ncchc.org/education/national2005/denver.html.
- 10th European AIDS Conference/EACS, November 17-20, 2005, in Dublin, www.eacs-conference2005.com.
- NATAF (National AIDS Treatment Activist Forum), late November 2005, in Oaxaca, Mexico. Check www.nmac.org/ for more information as it becomes available.
- World AIDS Day, December 1, 2005. Many local events will take place throughout the world.
2006 -- International AIDS Conference
- XVI International AIDS Conference, August 13-18, 2006 in Toronto, Canada, www.aids2006.org/. (This is the big international conference conducted every two years -- the next one after the 2004 conference in Bangkok, Thailand, which drew over 15,000 people. Deadline for abstract submissions, scholarship applications, and early registration is February 2006.)
ISSN # 1052-4207
Copyright 2005 by John S. James. Permission granted for noncommercial reproduction, provided that our address and phone number are included if more than short quotations are used.
This article was provided by AIDS Treatment News
. It is a part of the publication AIDS Treatment News.