Print this page
Back to Web version of article
Ten Things You Can Do to Connect to Body Positive
- Visit our Web site. For an overview of Body Positive's programs, services, history, and more, visit us on the Web at www.bodypos.org.
- Call our Helpline. For information, referrals, and support, give us a call at 1-800-566-6599 from 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday.
- Read Body Positive Magazine. Our English-language magazine has been published continually since 1987. For subscription info, call the office and ask to speak to the Publications Department or fill out the subscription form printed in each issue. You can also access the most recent issue and our archives via our Web site.
- Read SIDAahora. Our Spanish-language magazine has been published continually since 1991 and provides information relevant to Spanish-speakers and members of the Latino community in New York City and beyond.
- Sit in on a presentation. Body Positive staff and peer educators make presentations throughout NYC. Check with organization that you belong to or facilities that you attend to see if they may be hosting (or would like to host) a BP event. For a listing, call the office at 212-566-7333.
- Attend a special event. Body Positive participates in special events such as the NYC AIDS Walk, the Gay and Lesbian Pride March, and World AIDS Day, as well as our own conferences and special events such as our annual Garden Gala. For more info, call the office at 212-566-7333 or visit the Web site.
- Drop in to a support group. Body Positive has ongoing drop-in support groups that all are welcome to attend with no prior notice or registration -- it's a great way to try out a support group without making a commitment beforehand. For info on support groups, call the office and ask to speak to the Department of Volunteer and Client Support Services.
- Enroll in a support group. Some support groups focus on specialized themes, last for a specific number of weeks, and require advance registration. For info on current and upcoming enrolled support groups, call the office and ask to speak to the Department of Volunteer and Client Support Services.
- Volunteer. Body Positive needs volunteers in a broad range of areas, including the Helpline, group facilitation, professional services, and fundraising. To find out more about volunteering, call the office and ask to speak to the Department of Volunteer and Client Support Services.
- Make a financial contribution. Body Positive counts on private donations to support our programs and service. For information on how to make a contribution, just call our office.
This article was provided by Body Positive. It is a part of the publication Ten Simple Things You Can Do ....
You can find this article online by typing this address into your Web browser:
General Disclaimer: TheBody.com is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided through TheBody.com should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, consult your health care provider.