Los Inhibidores de Proteasa
¿Opio Para el Pueblo?
8 de Julio 2001
- Palella FJ Jr, Delaney KM, Moorman AC, et al. Declining morbidity and mortality among patients with advanced human immunodeficiency virus infection. N Engl J Med. 1998;338(13):853-860.
- Smart T. Has the Pendulum Swung Too Far in the Opposite Direction? Treatment Issues. 2000;14(3/4):9.
- Schrager LK, DSouza MP. Cellular and anatomical reservoirs of HIV-1 in patients receiving potent antiviral combination therapy. JAMA. 1998;280(1):67-71.
- Finzi D, Blankson J, Siliciano JD, et al. Latent infection of CD4+ T cells provides a mechanism for lifelong persistence of HIV-1, even in patients on effective combination therapy. Nat Med. 1999;5(5):512-517.
- Chun TW, Davey RT Jr, Ostrowski M, et al. Relationship between pre-existing viral reservoirs and the re-emergence of plasma viremia after discontinuation of highly active anti-retroviral therapy. Nat Med. 2000;6(7):757-761.
- Zhang L, Ramratnam B, Tenner-Racz K, et al. Quantifying residual HIV-1 replication in patients receiving combination antiretroviral therapy. N Engl J Med. 1999;340(21):1605-1613.
- Gunthard HF, Frost SD, Leigh-Brown AJ, et al. Evolution of envelope sequences of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 in cellular reservoirs in the setting of potent antiviral therapy. J Virol. 1999;73(11):9404-9412.
- Martinez MA, Cabana M, Ibanez A, Clotet B, Arno A, Ruiz L. Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 genetic evolution in patients with prolonged depression of plasma viremia. Virology. 1999;256(2):180-187.
- Furtado MR, Callaway DS, Phair JP, et al. Persistence of HIV-1 transcription in peripheral blood mononuclear cells in patients receiving potent antiretroviral therapy. N Engl J Med. 1999;340(21):1614-1622.
- Wong JK, Hezareh M, Gunthard HF, et al. Recovery of replication-competent HIV despite prolonged suppression of plasma viremia. Science. 1997;278(5341):1291-1295.
- Finzi D, Hermankova M, Pierson T, et al. Identification of a reservoir for HIV-1 in patients on highly active antiretroviral therapy. Science. 1997;278(5431):1295-1300.
- Perelson AS, Essunger P, Cao Y, et al. Decay characteristics of HIV-1 infected compartments during combination therapy. Nature. 1997;387(6629):188-191.
- Bucy RP. Immune clearance of HIV type 1 replication-active cells: a model of two patterns of steady state HIV infection. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 1999;15(3):223-227.
- Grossman Z, Polis M, Feinberg MB, et al. Ongoing HIV dissemination during HAART. Nat Med. 1999;5(10):1099-1104.
- Deeks SG, Barbour JD, Martin JN, Swanson MS, Grant RM. Sustained CD4+ T cell response after virologic failure of protease inhibitor-based regimens in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection. J Infect Dis. 2000;181(3):946-953.
- BC Centre for Excellence in HIV/AIDS. Highly active antiretroviral therapy including protease inhibitors does not confer a unique CD4 cell benefit. The AVANTI and INCAS Study Groups. AIDS. 2000;14(10):1383-1388.
- Deeks SG, Hecht FM, Swanson M, et al. RNA and CD4 cell count response to protease inhibitor therapy in an urban AIDS clinic: response to both initial and salvage therapy. AIDS. 1999;13(6):F35-F44.
- Bartlett JG, Gallant JE. Medical Management of HIV Infection. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University, Department of Infectious Diseases; 2000