Clinical Trials at Swedish Medical Center
Tipranavir Early Access Program
There are limited openings in this program. Please contact Heather Algren at (206) 386-2820.
Protease Inhibitor Study
You may be eligible to join a research study of a medication for HIV disease if you have taken HIV medications in the past that no longer work for you and you are currently taking a combination of HIV medications and your viral load is over 1,000 copies. Please contact Janice Price at (206) 386-2523.
Correlation Between Drug Levels in the Blood & Resistance Testing
The study will evaluate the correlation between drug blood levels and resistance testing with viral load suppression for each of the three Ritonavir-boosted protease inhibitors.
- On stable HAART for 90 days, with exposure to NRTI, NNRTI, and PIs
- HIV RNA of 2,500 copies/mL or above and evidence of RESISTANCE
- 13 years of age or older
- Men and Women (Women must not be pregnant)
The study will provide the following PI drug combinations + optimized background regimen of ZDV, 3TC, or Abacavir are chosen as background drugs.
- Lopinavir/ritonavir + Ritonavir
- Fosamprenavir/ritonavir (The FDA has approved GW-433908, which is a form of Amprenavir that requires fewer pills. However, its use in this trial is investigational)
- Tenofovir added at day 15
Study will run for 24 weeks.
Exams and testing provided at no cost. $20 per study visit and $150 for one all-day visit.
Contact Carol Glenn at Madison Clinic or call the ACTU (206)-731-3184 and ask for the screening nurse on call. Thank you.