LIFELONG AIDS Alliance is a non-profit agency that is committed to preventing the spread of HIV, and to providing practical support services and advocating for those whose lives are affected by HIV and AIDS.
The Outreach Specialist is responsible for developing and implementing outreach programs, events and activities aimed at providing information regarding HIV/AIDS to the gay and bisexual population in Seattle/King County. This position reports to the Education Manager.
- Develop and implement outreach programs, events and activities targeted toward gay and bisexual men who have sex with men addressing HIV transmission and prevention.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers who will perform one-to-one and group outreach activities in bars, bathhouses, sex clubs and other social venues.
- Identify and/or develop and distribute information and materials promoting risk reduction and commitment to sexual safety.
- Assist in program budgeting process.
- Develop and manage distribution plan for condoms and other safer sex materials to targeted community venues and activities.
- Complete monthly and quarterly reports as required.
- Serve as liaison between the Agency and agencies, organizations and businesses serving gay, lesbian and bisexual populations.
- Monitor and participate in evaluation of program efficacy and success.
- Remain active in the recruitment, retention and appreciation of volunteers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Health Education, Sexuality Education, Communications or equivalent experience.
- Two years work experience in health education, social services or communication field.
- Experience with project planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Experience and comfort in working with persons of diverse sexual orientations, socio-economic backgrounds, ethnicities and cultures.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Knowledge of HIV/AIDS related issues.
- Current Washington State drivers license and/or regular access to transportation.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Able to lift at least 25 pounds.
Director of Finance & Administration
Lifelong AIDS Alliance