The Montrose Counseling Center is a nonprofit, community-based organization providing culturally affirming, quality, and affordable outpatient mental health, substance abuse treatment, and case management services, as well as education and research in Metropolitan Houston and surrounding areas. Services are provided primarily for and about gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender individuals and their significant others.
- Counseling for HIV/AIDS, substance abuse, and other issues.
- Case management services for people with HIV/AIDS.
- Educational presentations on topics including hate crimes, homophobia, sexual assault, and cultural sensitivity.
- Group therapy sessions.
- Services for crime survivors and victims of partner violence.
- Women's and Men's Networks (informal education and support groups).
Intake required for all services. Sliding fee scale and limited grant funding available. Insurance accepted.
The above information was accessed from the Montrose Counseling Center Web site in October 2001.
Back to the HIV Treatment ALERTS! November 2001 contents page.