The Body Covers:
The 7th European Conference on Clinical Aspects and Treatment of HIV-Infection
Lisboa Congress Centre, Lisbon, Portugal
October 23 - 27, 1999
The annual European HIV-AIDS meeting is held under the auspices of the European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS). The conference provides a unique opportunity for dialogue between all those involved in AIDS care. The conference concentrated on antiretroviral treatment based on clinical, immunological and virological research.
Other topics covered include:
- Recent developments in antiretroviral therapy
- The impact of protease inhibitors
- Clinical advances in the treatment of HIV diseases
- Next steps in HIV clinical care
- The role of HCV and HHV-8 in HIV-infection
- The epidemiology of HCV-HIV-co-infection and AIDS-associated Kaposi?s Sarcoma
- HIV management: coordinating diagnosis, monitoring and treatment
- Management of co-infection in the era of HAART: CMV and HCV
- Possible predictors for durable responses to antiretroviral
drugs -- including genotypic and phenotypic assays for drug resistance
- Issues in the long-term treatment of HIV
The following selected conference summaries are reported exclusively for The Body by:
- Cal Cohen, MD, research director of the Community Research Initiative of New England, teacher at Harvard Medical School and HIV clinical management consultant and internist at Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Boston, MA.
Funding for this conference coverage at The Body is provided, in part, by an unrestricted educational grant by Bristol-Myers Squibb Immunology.
Sunday, October 24, 1999
- Satellite Symposium: Clinical Advances in the Treatment of HIV Disease
Coverage provided by Calvin Cohen, MD
Monday, October 25, 1999
Tuesday, October 26, 1999
Please note: Knowledge about HIV changes rapidly. Note the date of this summary's publication, and before treating patients or employing any therapies described in these materials, verify all information independently. If you are a patient, please consult a doctor or other medical professional before acting on any of the information presented in this summary. For a complete listing of our most recent conference coverage, click here.