For further information related to this issue of ACRIA Update
, visit these Web sites:
- 10th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI)
Search the conference abstracts and posters for topics of particular interest to you. You can also watch Webcasts of some of the conference sessions.
- AIDS Malignancy Consortium (AMC)
Find information about currently enrolling AMC trials, cancer-related links, and contact information for trial sites and investigators.
- AIDSinfo: The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
There's lots of useful information on this site -- a database of HIV-related drugs, a glossary of terms, as well as current and archived DHHS guidelines, including:
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-Infected Adults and Adolescents;
- Considerations for Antiretroviral Therapy in Women;
- Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in Pediatric HIV Infection; and
- 2001 USPHS/IDSA Guidelines for the Prevention of Opportunistic Infections in Persons Infected With HIV.
- International AIDS Society-USA
Scroll down the page to the Treatment Guidelines section. The November 2002 guidelines discussed in Heidi Nass' article are available as a PDF document. Just click on the link: Management of Metabolic Complications Associated With Antiretroviral Therapy for HIV-1 Infection: Recommendations of an International AIDS Society-USA Panel.