Treatment Issues for Women
Organizations for HIV+ Women
- Women Alive
Los Angeles, CA (323) 965-1564
Hotline: (800) 554-4876
Treatment information, supportive services, and lots of links.
- WORLD: Women Organized to Respond to Life Threatening Diseases
Oakland, CA (510) 986-0340 (Bilingual)
Treatment information (particularly about pregnancy), advocacy, news, and HIV University.
- NJWAN: New Jersey Women and AIDS Network
"Sister Connect" Hotline: (800) 747-1108
Newsletters for Positive Women
- BABES newsletter from Babes Network (English & Spanish).
(206) 720-5566 ext. 12, or write 1001 Broadway, Suite 100, Seattle, WA 98122.
- Wise Words newsletter from Project Inform. (800) 822-7422
- Women Alive newsletter. (323) 965-1564
- WORLD newsletter by and for HIV+ women and their loved ones. (510) 986-0340
- A Guide to the Clinical Care of Women With HIV/AIDS (888) 275-4772
- Knowledge, Action, Health: A Woman's Guide to HIV Treatments
Call Women Alive
- Positive? How Are You Feeling? Brochure for women. (800) 822-7422
- Understanding Your Lab Results, Managing Drug Side Effects & Clinical Trials Explained (English and Spanish). ACRIA publications (212) 924-3934, x.121
Online Sources of Treatment Information
- AIDS Nutrition Services Alliance (ANSA)
Fact sheets on nutrition and HIV; links to nutritionists and other nutrition sites.
Treatment information, question & answer forums, and treatment news.
- The Body
Comprehensive site offering treatment materials from a variety of sources.
Check out the women's section (profiles, articles, and question & answer forum)
- Hepatitis C Support Project, HCV Advocate
Information and support for people with hepatitis C/HIV co-infection.
- HIV/AIDS Treatment Information Service (ATIS)
Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents.
- National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM)
Not HIV-specific; Info about complementary and alternative therapies and clinical trials studying these therapies. (888) 644-6226; TYY/TDY: (888) 464-3615.
- New Mexico AIDS InfoNet
Fact sheets in English and Spanish and lots of links.
- Women's Interagency HIV Study (WIHS)
Treatment information plus updates on the study.