Index of Articles From The AIDS Institute
- Obama Administration Ensures Continued Access to Medications for AIDS Patients (May 21, 2013)
Extraordinary step taken in response to Congressional failure to fund ADAP.
- The AIDS Institute Applauds Routine HIV Testing Recommendation (April 30, 2013)
USPSTF grade change will increase access to HIV care and decrease new infections.
- President Obama's Budget Maintains Strong Commitment to Domestic HIV/AIDS Programs (April 10, 2013)
Proposes increases for care, medications and prevention.
- Funding for AIDS Drugs Not Included in Senate Spending Bill (March 20, 2013)
Will force states to disenroll current ADAP clients.
- The AIDS Institute Testifies Before Congress in Support of Domestic HIV Programs (March 13, 2013)
Appropriations Subcommittee heard dangers of sequestration.
- "Share Knowledge. Take Action." (March 8, 2013)
The AIDS Institute and AIDS Alliance promotes communicating this very important message on National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day.
- 50,000 New HIV Infections Every Year Is Unacceptable, AIDS Institute Says (December 19, 2012)
Prevention efforts must focus more on gay men.
- The AIDS Institute Commemorates 20 Year Anniversary and Recognizes Four Leaders (November 28, 2012)
- The AIDS Institute Applauds Routine HIV Testing Recommendation (November 19, 2012)
USPSTF grade change will increase access to HIV Care and decrease new infections.
- Sequestration Would Cut $538 Million From Domestic HIV/AIDS Programs (July 31, 2012)
The AIDS Institute urges Congress and the president to find agreement to prevent devastating cuts.
- Access to HIV Testing for Women Increases Thanks to Affordable Care Act (July 31, 2012)
Preventative service requirement begins August 1.
- During XIX International AIDS Conference, U.S. Policy Experts Warn: Massive Fiscal Cutbacks, Political Gridlock Threaten to Undermine Potential Progress on Ending AIDS in America (July 25, 2012)
Significant differences between White House and Congress on funding AIDS care and prevention -- as well as health care reform.
- House Health Spending Bill Shows Stark Differences Between President and Senate (July 18, 2012)
Proposes major increases for AIDS medications but large cuts for other programs.
- Days Before Int'l AIDS Conf., Experts Proclaim That Right Federal Policies Could "End AIDS in America" (July 10, 2012)
Domestic AIDS policy experts provide frank assessment of U.S. leadership, including recent success and most urgent unmet needs.
- The AIDS Institute Reacts to Supreme Court Decision (June 28, 2012)
Time now for all parties in Washington and in the states to turn to implementation.
- Opportunities to Increase HIV Testing as More Payers Cover Costs (June 22, 2012)
The AIDS Institute recognizes National HIV Testing Day.
- The AIDS Institute Praises Florida Governor Rick Scott and Florida Legislature for Taking Steps to Support AIDS Drug Assistance Program (April 30, 2012)
Will help alleviate long wait list to receive medications.
- The AIDS Institute Praises Rep. Maxine Waters' Introduction of "The Routine HIV Screening Coverage Act" (April 20, 2012)
Bill will help increase HIV testing and bring more people into care and treatment.
- Increase in Rate of HIV Diagnoses Among Native Communities Further Emphasizes the Need for Enhanced Prevention Efforts (March 20, 2012)
- House Spending Proposal Sets Back Domestic HIV/AIDS Programs (October 3, 2011)
Impedes prevention and fails to address record high ADAP wait lists.
- The AIDS Institute Supports the 4th Annual National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day "Because We Matter" (September 27, 2011)
- Senate Flat Funds Most Domestic HIV/AIDS Programs (September 22, 2011)
- U.S. Community Members: Register Your National HIV/AIDS and Aging Awareness Day Events! (August 3, 2011)
- HHS Secretary Requires Insurers to Cover HIV Testing for Women (August 2, 2011)
- The AIDS Institute Strongly Promotes Continued HIV Testing and Prevention Efforts to Meet the Goals of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (June 24, 2011)
- National Caribbean American HIV/AIDS Awareness Day Commemorates Sixth Year (June 8, 2011)
- The AIDS Institute, Nobel Prize Winner Join on World AIDS Day to Call for More Therapeutic Vaccine Funding (November 25, 2009)
- Congress Continues to Shortchange Domestic AIDS Programs (December 13, 2005)
Medicaid and across the board cuts to make matters even worse
- The AIDS Institute Encourages People With HIV/AIDS to Sign Up for New Medicare Drug Benefit (October 11, 2005)
- The AIDS Institute Urges Congress to Take Up Domestic HIV/AIDS Legislation (September 29, 2005)
- The AIDS Institute Releases "The Next Wave in AIDS Care: Reauthorization of the Ryan White CARE Act 2005-2010" (April 26, 2005)
To read PDF, click here
- The Next Wave in AIDS Care: Reauthorization of the Ryan White CARE Act 2005-2010 (April 2005)
To read PDF, click here
- The Next Wave in AIDS Care: Reauthorization of the Ryan White CARE Act 2005-2010 -- Recommendations (April 2005)
To read PDF, click here