Index of articles from HIV Medicine Association
IDSA created the HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA) in fall 2000 to provide an organizational home for medical professionals engaged in HIV medicine. Through its activities, HIVMA supports clinicians in overcoming the challenges inherent in providing high quality health care to patients living with HIV disease.
HIVMA represents the diversity of medical subspecialties practicing HIV medicine -- including internal medicine, family practice, infectious diseases, oncology, and obstetrics-gynecology. As of October 2003, HIVMA has more than 2,500 members representing 49 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and 36 countries outside of the United States.
The HIV Medicine Association is an organization of medical professionals who practice HIV medicine. We represent the interests of our patients by promoting quality in HIV care and by advocating for policies that ensure a comprehensive and humane response to the AIDS pandemic informed by science and social justice.
Our Primary Goals
- Advocate for U.S. policies that support HIV/AIDS providers who practice HIV medicine in the United States and abroad.
- Endorse policies that promote an adequate and well-trained medical workforce to respond to the AIDS pandemic.
- Encourage a comprehensive response to HIV/AIDS in the United States through adequate funding for HIV research, prevention, care, treatment and provider training and resources.
- Promote a comprehensive U.S. response to the HIV/AIDS pandemic in resource-limited countries that includes policy development and resources for research, prevention, treatment, provider training and other health care infrastructure development essential for delivery of services.
- Support U.S. policies based on science, public health and social justice for persons living with, or at risk for, HIV/AIDS in the United States and abroad.
- Advocate for the preservation and enhancement of the health care safety net for persons in the United States who are living with HIV/AIDS.
How to Reach HIV Medicine Association
66 Canal Center Plaza, Suite 600
Alexandria, VA 22314