The Young Black Gay Men's Leadership Initiative (YBGLI) is pleased to announce the 2014 Young Black Gay Men's Leadership Initiative Policy and Advocacy Summit (PAS). The Summit will be in collaboration with the National Black Gay Men's Advocacy Coalition and will convene in Atlanta, Georgia from Wednesday, April 2 - Friday, April 4, 2014.
The purpose of the 2014 PAS will build the capacity and leadership of young Black men who have sex with men (YBMSM) in order to: a) more effectively influence and impact domestic knowledge and information sharing of YBMSM; and b) improve HIV prevention, care and treatment mobilization efforts for this population.
The Summit objectives are:
- To increase dialogue among YBMSM representing diverse backgrounds and varied experiences
- To educate and increase awareness of health policy issues affecting YBMSM
- To facilitate expansion of advocacy and mobilization efforts among YBMSM within various regions throughout the US
- To develop best practices and new strategies for reaching YBMSM
- To prioritize YBMSM initiatives that will effectively impact lives of YBMSM.
The 2014 Summit seeks to bring together YBMSM leaders under the age of 30 from across the United States. Applicants will be selected based on a proven track of individual leadership skills, mobilizations and ability to display grassroots organizing on local and regional levels. The Summit will include an advocacy and mobilization training to encourage activist at the local, state and national level through new media and effective ongoing engagement of the community.
If you would like to attend this ground breaking summit, please complete the application and provide your current resume/CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 3, 2014. Summit applicants will be notified by Friday, January 24, 2014 of their acceptance to attend. Those accepted to attend will be required to participant in a pre-conference webinar on Monday, March 17, 2014.
Contact the YBGLI at email@example.com for summit related questions and to inquire about sponsorship opportunities.