10 Curious Questions Asked About HIV Transmission in 2013

December 1, 2013

9/11

Believe Everything You Read Online?

Believe Everything You Read Online?

I recently read online that there have been some incidents of HIV-infected needles hidden under gas pump handles. I have really bad anxiety and after pumping gas I saw blood under the skin of my index finger, but no pain or bleeding. Was this a needle prick and could I get HIV?

Copyright © 2013 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All rights reserved.

Related Stories

2013 Year in Review: Features and News

Comment by: Jennifer W. (Modesto, Ca) Tue., Feb. 4, 2014 at 5:15 pm EST
What is wrong with you? This question is so unpresentable!!

Comment by: Jennifer Weirick (Modesto, Ca) Tue., Feb. 4, 2014 at 5:12 pm EST
My question is...why would you use urine as fertilizer.....EVER? The second part of my question is unanswerable to any person with any commonality about them.

Comment by: George Maris (Charlottesville VA) Fri., Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:21 am EST
Those are some good questions. The answers to all the questions are the same, however most people are not educated in the field of HIV/AIDS. There's still fear and stigma associated with the disease. But as long as people are asking the question, that's a good thing.

Comment by: George Maris (Charlottesville) Fri., Jan. 31, 2014 at 6:15 am EST
Absolutely , there's is no stupid questions asked when it comes to HIV/AIDS. Questions act as a information board. People searching for answers usually find them in question form.

Comment by: Manoj singh (U.P) Sun., Jan. 12, 2014 at 11:48 am EST
I saw a person have suffering from AIDS but his wife and two child are still safe..I want to know how can it possible..

Comment by: Duane (Ft Myers, FL) Thu., Dec. 19, 2013 at 10:02 am EST
The 10 Questions are very interesting and amusing. However, I am disappointed that you did not answer the questions. There are elements to those questions that, if responded to, would have been educational to your readers. I believe you missed a golden opportunity to clear up some misunderstandings and educate people.

Comment by: Anonymous Fri., Dec. 6, 2013 at 1:02 pm EST
these questions are a joke, right?

Comment by: Mark S. King (Washington, DC) Fri., Dec. 6, 2013 at 9:37 am EST
I look forward to this list of HIV transmission questions every year, and this one certainly does not disappoint. I laughed out loud, and cringed just as much.

Comment by: TC (NY, NY) Thu., Dec. 5, 2013 at 7:39 am EST
Just goes to show you the insanity of some people.