Google+ Hangout on Air for National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, Sept. 25
September 20, 2013
CDC Presents a Google+ Hangout on Air in Recognition of National Gay Men's HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
Join us for the event and learn about innovative HIV prevention activities
September 25, 2013, 2-3 p.m. ET
Event topics include:
- A new HIV testing strategy for gay couples called Testing Together,
- The benefits of HIV PrEP usage for men who have sex with men (MSM), and
- A national campaign that encourages HIV testing and addresses HIV stigma among Latino/Hispanic MSM.
Lamont Scales, M.A., N.C.C., Coordinator for Gay, Bisexual, and Other MSM Activities
Office of the Director, Office of Health Equity
Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention (DHAP), National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD and TB Prevention (NCHHSTP), CDC
Wayne A. Duffus, M.D., Ph.D.
Associate Director for Health Equity
Director, Office of Health Equity, NCHHSTP, CDC
- Testing Together (Couples HIV Testing and Counseling)
Rashad Burgess, M.A., Branch Chief
Capacity Building Branch, DHAP, NCHHSTP, CDC
Rob Stephenson, Ph.D., M.Sc.
Hubert Department of Global Health, Emory University
- What Every Gay Man Should Know About PrEP
Dawn K. Smith, M.D., M.S., M.P.H.
Biomedical Interventions Activity Lead
Epidemiology Branch, DHAP, NCHHSTP, CDC
Director of Prevention Advocacy and Gay Men's Health
AIDS Foundation of Chicago
- Reason/Razones (National HIV Prevention Campaign for Hispanic/Latino Gay Men)
Alberto Santana, M.S.
Public Health Analyst
Prevention Communication Branch, DHAP, NCHHSTP, CDC
Miguel Chion, M.D., M.P.H.
Associate Director, Education-Capacity Building Assistance AIDS Project Los Angeles
Northern Virginia's Gay Men's Health Collaborative Building a Brand That's Part Health Resource, Part Social Club
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy.)