Index of Articles From Positive Women's Network of the United States of America (PWN-USA)
- Policy and Justice Issues Affecting Women: Fact Sheets and Talking Points (Regularly updated)
- From White House Recommendations to Community Action: Facing the Intersections of Trauma, Violence, Women and HIV (February 14, 2014)
- 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence: End Violence Against Women and Girls Living With HIV (November 25, 2013)
- World AIDS Day Video Series by Positive Women's Network - USA (November 15, 2013)
- Sexuality, Romance and Reproductive Freedom for U.S. Women Living With HIV: Groundbreaking New Report (November 12, 2013)
- PWN-USA Applauds Release of White House Recommendations to Address HIV/AIDS, Violence Against Women and Girls and Gender-Related Health Disparities (September 6, 2013)
- U.S. Women Living With HIV: Tell PWN-USA About Your Love Life!! (August 21, 2013)
- Important Opportunity for U.S. Women Living With HIV (July 9, 2013)
- HIV-Positive Cover Girl? (June 20, 2013)
- Sign an Open Letter to Tyler Perry: Stop Stigmatizing People With HIV (May 20, 2013)
- Redefining Mother's Day From an HIV-Positive Woman's Perspective (May 9, 2013)
- Coalition of U.S. Women's Health and HIV Advocates Call for U.S. Government Plan for Demonstrating Feasibility of PrEP for Women (March 4, 2013)
VOICE results underscore need for clear, U.S.-based PrEP implementation agenda.
- PWN-USA Statement on National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day (February 7, 2013)
- PWN-USA Announces the Next Chapter in Our Development as an Independent Organization (February 6, 2013)
- HIV, Violence Against Women and Trauma Fact Sheet (December 2012)
To read PDF, click here.
- Getting to Zero for Women: Violence Is the Fatal Flaw in the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (November 28, 2012)
- U.S. Positive Women's Network Devastated by Murder of HIV-Positive Woman (September 13, 2012)
Demands immediate and bold action to end violence against HIV+ women.
To read PDF, click here.
- AIDS 2012 Reflections: I Am Empowered. I Am Driven. I Am Fierce. (August 9, 2012)
- The Global Village Effect (July 27, 2012)
- Criminal Musings at AIDS 2012 (July 27, 2012)
- Sore Arms, No Voice but a Full Heart -- the "We Can End AIDS" March in Washington, D.C. (July 26, 2012)
- Recognize, Prioritize and Formalize Grassroots Caregivers (July 26, 2012)
- A March on Washington, D.C.: Women Making Waves (July 26, 2012)
- How to Survive a Plague Screening and Discussion (July 25, 2012)
- AIDS 2012 Opening Session (July 24, 2012)
- Where Is the Progress for Women in the Recently Released 2 Year Progress Report on the National HIV/AIDS Strategy? (July 24, 2012)
- LIVING 2012: Turning the Tide Together and Not Without Women! (July 24, 2012)
- My Spiritual Journey: Seeking to Eradicate Stigma (July 23, 2012)
- From the Shadows: Women, Sex, HIV and Violence -- A Press Conference on How Trauma Drives the HIV Epidemic (July 18, 2012)
Featuring breaking new research on the impact of violence on mortality to be released at AIDS 2012.
- Everything You Need to Know About the 2012 International AIDS Conference! (July 13, 2012)
- All Women, All Rights! A Platform for Action for HIV-Positive Women in the U.S. at AIDS 2012 (June 25, 2012)
- Beyond the Media Hype for HIV Prevention Technology (May 31, 2012)
- Women Living With HIV at AIDS 2012 Part 2: Positive Women at AIDS 2012 (May 17, 2012)
- Join the Fight! Trans Women at AIDS 2012! (May 16, 2012)
- Women Living With HIV at AIDS 2012 Part 1: The Greater Involvement of Women Living With HIV (May 15, 2012)
- Living the American Dream? A Reality of Poverty for HIV+ Women: Webinar and Blog Series (April 20, 2012)
- HIV Volunteerism: In Our House (April 20, 2012)
- Can I Reach for the American Dream? (April 20, 2012)
- HIV+ Women Are a Valuable Asset for Economic Growth (April 19, 2012)
- Pushing the Glass Ceiling: Life, Liberty and Justice for HIV+ Women (April 18, 2012)
- Under Surveillance by Medicaid (April 19, 2012)
- Bridging the Wage Gap: Don't Hesitate to Tell the Truth That Is in Us (April 17, 2012)
- The Affordable Care Act Supports Women -- Now We Must Support the Affordable Care Act: Reflections on the Importance of Health Care Reform for Women Living With HIV (March 29, 2012)
- If Sandra Fluke's a Slut, What Am I? HIV and (Institutional) Violence Against Women (March 14, 2012)
- Safe Poz Love: Count HIV-Positive Women in on Valentine's Day (February 14, 2012)
- Sexual Rights of HIV-Positive Transwomen (February 13, 2012)
- What's the Link Between Intimate Partner Violence and HIV? (February 13, 2012)
- Friday, Feb. 10: Webinar on Creative Ways to Get to AIDS 2012 (February 8, 2012)
- Count HIV+ Women In! PWN Launches National Campaign on World AIDS Day (December 1, 2011)
- Take Action! PWN Stands With Planned Parenthood (September 29, 2011)
- PWN Commends Congresswoman Barbara Lee's JUSTICE Act and Support of Global Commission on HIV and the Law (September 6, 2011)
- September: AIDS 2012 U.S. Outreach Call (August 31, 2011)
- Women Commend President Obama's Leadership on National HIV/AIDS Strategy; Urge Increased Focus on Women; Southern U.S. and "Shadow Cities" in Implementation (July 13, 2011)
- 30 Years of HIV: We Spoke Up! (June 3, 2011)
- Strauss-Kahn Case: Another Day, Another Vicious Attack on Women (May 18, 2011)
- Speak Up! Homophobia and Transphobia Are Everyone's Concerns (May 17, 2011)
- Reproductive Justice Fact Sheet (April 19, 2011)
To read PDF, click here.
- Reproductive Justice Talking Points (April 19, 2011)
To read PDF, click here.
- PWN Releases Reproductive Justice Fact Sheet and Talking Points (April 19, 2011)
- Take Action: Call-in to Support HIV Funding in the U.S.! (April 1, 2011)
- Survey Shows HIV-Positive Women Suffer From Human Rights Violations (March 8, 2011)
To read PDF, click here.
- Psycho-What? Services for Women Are Disappearing (March 2, 2011)
- Diagnosis, Sexuality and Choice: Women Living With HIV and the Quest for Equality, Dignity and Quality of Life in the U.S. (PDF) (March 2011)
Analysis and recommendations from the U.S. Positive Women's Network 2010 Human Rights Survey.
- House Votes to Defund Planned Parenthood: Sign a Letter to Congress to Save Critical Services! (February 18, 2011)
- On Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, HIV-Positive Women Demand a National Strategy for Black Women and Men (February 7, 2011)
- Why Should HIV Criminalization Matter to You? (December 7, 2010)
- It's About Love: World AIDS Day 2010 (December 1, 2010)
This World AIDS Day, December 1st, 2010, I want to talk about love.
- Women and Criminal HIV Exposure and Transmission Laws: Origins, Effects and Alternatives (PDF) (November 2010)
Testimony for the American Bar Association AIDS Coordinating Committee on Criminal HIV Exposure and Transmission Laws.
- The Intersections of Gender, Race, Poverty, and HIV: A Free Teleconference Training and Discussion (October 25, 2010)
- Women With HIV Deserve Abortion Coverage: Tell the White House! (October 5, 2010)
- What if Tinkerbell Were HIV Positive? Women Speak From USCA 2010 (September 22, 2010)
- Stigma and Discrimination in Disney World (September 22, 2010)
- A Reflection on USCA's Coverage of and Dialogue on Transgender Issues (September 22, 2010)
- HIV Criminalization (September 22, 2010)
- How Violence Can Lead to HIV (September 22, 2010)
- Your Silence Will Not Protect You (September 22, 2010)
- Access to Care: the ADAP Crisis (September 22, 2010)
- Building a Bridge From Vienna to Orlando: The International AIDS Conference Theme "Rights Here, Right Now," Continues on to the U.S. Conference on AIDS (September 22, 2010)
- Report on an Institute: Developing 2010-2011 Latino HIV/AIDS Federal Policy Recommendations and Ensuring That the National HIV/AIDS Strategy Meets the Needs of Latinos (September 22, 2010)
- My Thoughts on "The Other City" (September 22, 2010)
- Workshop: Testing and Linkage to Care Plus (TLC+): Implications for Women and Families (September 22, 2010)
- Blogging Tips and Worksheet From the U.S. Positive Women's Network (September 20, 2010)
- Women's Organizations Release National HIV/AIDS Strategy Implementation Recommendations (September 14, 2010)
- Monitoring the U.S. National HIV/AIDS Strategy From a Gender Perspective (PDF) (September 2010)
Analysis and recommendations for implementation.
- Before August 2: HIVers Needed to Complete an Online Survey About Stigma (July 30, 2010)
- Poverty, Protest, Policy -- and Well-Kept Secrets of Positive Women and Risk Reduction (July 20, 2010)
Vienna roundup, days 1 and 2.
- Gender Auditing the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (June 29, 2010)
- ADAPs in Crisis: Take Action Wednesday, May 26! (May 25, 2010)
- Health Reform, Women and HIV: An Update (April 26, 2010)
- Women Living With HIV Launch Human Rights Survey; Call for Integrating Sexual and Reproductive Health Services With HIV Services to Address Epidemic Among Women (March 10, 2010)
This Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, HIV-positive women in the U.S. reflect and recommit to upholding the human rights of millions of women affected by HIV around the world.
- HIV & Pregnancy: Reproductive Justice Tools for Women Living With HIV (February 25, 2010)
Please join the U.S. Positive Women's Network for a call and discussion on Wednesday, March 3rd, 11:30-12:30 Pacific/12:30-1:30 Mountain/1:30-2:30 Central/2:30-3:30pm Eastern.
- White House Says Women Are a Priority in the U.S. National HIV/AIDS Strategy (December 11, 2009)
Women and HIV leaders meet with Administration; focus on human rights, integrating sexual and reproductive health as key component of gender-sensitive National HIV/AIDS Strategy.
- Join an Oct. 7 Conference Call -- Share Your Ideas for Making the U.S. National HIV/AIDS Strategy Work for Women (October 5, 2009)
- President's Budget Flat Funds Services for Women With HIV (May 11, 2009)
HIV-positive women outraged at lack of funding for women & families.
- Tell President Obama: No More Money for Ineffective Abstinence-Only-Until-Marriage Programs (February 11, 2009)
Fund comprehensive sex education.
No comments have been made.
Add Your Comment:
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy