HIV Among Pregnant Women, Infants and Children in the United States
March 9, 2017
- CDC. Diagnoses of HIV infection in the United States and dependent areas, 2015. HIV Surveillance Report 2016;27
- CDC. Monitoring selected national HIV prevention and care objectives by using HIV surveillance data -- United States and 6 dependent areas -- 2014. HIV Supplemental Report 2016;21(4)
- Little KM, Taylor AW, Borkowf CB, et al. Perinatal Antiretroviral Exposure and Prevented Mother-to-child HIV Infections in the Era of Antiretroviral Prophylaxis in the United States, 1994-2010. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2017 Jan; 36(1), 66-71.
- Panel on Treatment of HIV-Infected Pregnant Women and Prevention of Perinatal Transmission. Recommendations for use of antiretroviral drugs in pregnant HIV-1-infected women for maternal health and interventions to reduce perinatal HIV transmission in the United States. AIDSinfo 2016; D1-D10. Accessed January 12, 2017.
- CDC. Pediatric HIV surveillance (through 2014). Slide set.
- Townsend CL, Cortina-Borja M, Peckham CS, de Ruiter A, Lyall H, Tookey, PA. Low rates of mother-to-child transmission of HIV following effective pregnancy interventions in the United Kingdom and Ireland, 2000-2006. AIDS 2008;22(8):973-81
- CDC. Achievements in public health: reduction in perinatal transmission of HIV infection -- United States, 1985-2005. MMWR 2006;55(21):592-97.
- Fleming PL, Lindegren ML, Byers R, et al. Estimated number of perinatal HIV infections, U.S., 2000. Poster Exhibition: XIV International AIDS Conference. Barcelona, Italy. 2002 Jul 7-12;14: Abstract No. TuPeC4773.
- Whitmore SK, Zhang X, Taylor AW, Blair JM. Estimated number of infants born to HIV-infected women in the United States and five dependent areas, 2006. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 2011;57:218-22.
- Taylor AW, Little KM, Zhang X, et al. Estimated perinatal antiretroviral exposures, cases prevented and infected infants in the era of antiretroviral prophylaxis in the United States. 19th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections (CROI 2012). Seattle, WA. 2012 Mar 5-7; Abstract No. T-103: Poster 1000.
- Valverde E, Short W, Brady K, Frazier E, Beer L, Mattson C. HIV medical provider's assessment of the reproductive plans of women receiving HIV care: Medical Monitoring Project Provider Survey, 2009. 6th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention (IAS 2011). Rome, Italy. 2011 Jul 17-20; Abstract No. TUPE307.
- Whitmore SW, Taylor AW, Espinoza L, Shouse FL, Lampe MA, Nesheim SR. Correlates of mother-to-child HIV transmission in the United States and Puerto Rico. Pediatrics 2012 Jan;129:e74-81.
- Taylor AW, Nesheim S, Whitmore S, et al. Estimated number and characteristics associated with perinatal HIV infections, 33 states, United States, 2003-2007. 6th IAS Conference on HIV Pathogenesis, Treatment and Prevention (IAS 2011). Rome, Italy. 2011 Jul 17-20; Abstract No. TUPDC0103.
- CDC. Revised recommendations for HIV testing of adults, adolescents, and pregnant women in health-care settings. MMWR 2006;55(RR-14):1-17
- Barrow RY, Newman LM, Douglas JM Jr. Taking positive steps to address STD disparities for African American communities. Sex Transm Dis 2008;35(12 Suppl):S1-S3.
- Gaur AH, Dominguez KL, Kalish ML, et al. Practice of feeding premasticated food to infants: a potential risk factor for HIV transmission. Pediatrics 2009;124:658-66.
- Lampe MA, Smith DK, Anderson GJ, Edwards AE, Nesheim SR. Achieving safe conception in HIV-discordant couples: the potential role of oral preexposure prophylaxis (PrEP) in the United States. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2011;204:488.e1-8.
- Luzuriaga K, Tabak B, Garber M, et al. HIV Type 1 (HIV-1) Proviral Reservoirs Decay Continuously Under Sustained Virologic Control in HIV-1-Infected Children Who Received Early Treatment J Infect Dis 2014 May; 210 (10), 1529-1538.
Mother to Child Transmission Resources (AIDS Education and Training Centers)
Women, Children, and HIV (University of California, San Francisco)
Cervical Cancer and HIV (SmartGlobalHealth.org)
More From This Resource Center
Newly Diagnosed? Words of Encouragement from HIV-Positive Women
What Every HIV-Positive Woman Should Know About GYN Care and Prevention
|HIV Among Women|
|What Did You Expect While You Were Expecting?|
|HIV/AIDS Resource Center for Women|
|More News and Updates on HIV and Pregnancy|
No comments have been made.
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy.)