The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource

• Comments Comments
  •  (7)
  • Printable Single-Page Print-Friendly
  • Glossary Glossary

Strangest but Truest Posts of 2012 in TheBody.com's "Ask the Experts" Forums

January 23, 2012

Our "Ask the Experts" forums received another year's worth of HIV transmission questions in 2012, many of which reminded us how much HIV education is still needed. Here are 10 posts we feel are the "best of the worst" of 2012. They're some of the oddest, most farfetched questions we've seen people ask about HIV this year. Some are shocking, some are sad, most are funny.

Hundreds of you voted on which of the 10 finalists represented the most bizarre post from our "Ask the Experts" forums during the past year. Each post was rated from 1 (not strange) to 5 (extremely strange). We then tallied up the votes and calculated their average ratings.

View Full Article

• Email Email
  • Comments Comments
  •  (7)
  • Printable Single-Page Print-Friendly
  • Glossary Glossary

More News for January 2013

Comment by: Mychael P. (Dallas TX) Tue., Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:55 pm EST
Honestly, it kind of bothers me that a reputable site like The Body would ridicule people for asking questions, no matter how silly they are. They are legitimate questions, and in our field, no question is a dumb question. I think this type of forum encourages people to NOT ask questions. You could have at least answered them, but instead you have a contest to see which is the most stupid? FAIL.
Comment by: teapot Wed., Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:36 pm EST
you used the word stupid. the person who wrote this didn't. and all the questions have earnest answers from the experts.

Comment by: Milagros (New York ) Tue., Jan. 29, 2013 at 11:47 am EST
Omy. Shocked ness and I thought I've heard it all lol 🙊

Comment by: Paul (Los Angeles) Fri., Jan. 4, 2013 at 9:10 am EST
Some wacky questions!

Comment by: Brooke Davidoff (Seattle, WA) Wed., Jan. 2, 2013 at 2:52 pm EST
Wow how did I miss all of those? This looks like the best of Cragislist. I must blog some of these ideas for this year. LMAO

Comment by: Michael I (London) Thu., Dec. 27, 2012 at 8:00 pm EST
What a pompous piece.
Why don't you issue guideline as to which questions you will deign to answer with dignity and which you might scoff at.

We're swimming in a sea of ignorance and you admonish those seeking help;marginalising the already marginalised.

I hope the shame reaches all the way up to your ivory towers.
Comment by: Mychael P. (Dallas TX) Tue., Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:58 pm EST
I agree 100%. Shame on you, The Body. I am very diisapointed that such a reputable site would encourage people to not ask questions, no matter how silly they may seem to you. I work in this field, and will no longer be reccommending this site when my clients are looking for answers. You may ridicule them.