Financial Stress: Impact on HIV Adherence, HCV and Prescribing Patterns
October 30, 2012
- Pasternak AO, de Bruin M, Jurriaans S, et al. Modest nonadherence to antiretroviral therapy promotes residual HIV-1 replication in the absence of virological rebound in Plasma. Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2012 Nov;206(9):1443-1452.
- McAllister J, Beardsworth G, Lavie E, et al. Financial stress is associated with reduced treatment adherence in HIV-infected adults in a resource-rich setting. HIV Medicine. 2012; in press.
- Schwimmer EJ, Rosen DL, Sista P, et al. Interventions to improve adherence to self-administered medications for chronic diseases in the United States: a systematic review. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2012; in press.
- Roumie CL. The doughnut hole: it's about medication adherence. Annals of Internal Medicine. 2012 Jun 5;156(11):834-5.
- Sanyal C, Ingram EL, Sketris IS, et al. Coping strategies used by patients infected with hepatitis C virus who are facing medication costs. Canadian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy. 2011 Mar;64(2):131-40.
- Roehr B. Cost keeps one in 10 Canadians from filling prescription. BMJ. 2012 Jan 20;344:e514.
- Law MR, Cheng L, Dhalla IA, et al. The effect of cost on adherence to prescription medications in Canada. CMAJ. 2012 Feb 21;184(3):297-302.
- Mandalia S, Mandalia R, Lo G, et al. Rising population cost for treating people living with HIV in the UK, 1997-2013. PLoS One. 2010 Dec 30;5(12):e15677.
- Foreman C, Gazzard B, Johnson M, et al. Maintaining cost-effective access to antiretroviral drug therapy through a collaborative approach to drug procurement, consensus treatment guidelines and regular audit: the experience of London HIV commissioners and providers. Sexually Transmitted Infections. 2012 Mar;88(2):112-5.
- Dangerfield A. Doctors criticise London HIV drugs cost-cutting deal. BBC News online. 31 October 2011.
- Gazzard B, Moecklinghoff C, Hill A. New strategies for lowering the costs of antiretroviral treatment and care for people with HIV/AIDS in the United Kingdom. ClinicoEconomics and Outcomes Research. 2012;4:193-200.
- Arribas JR, Clumeck N, Nelson M, et al. The MONET trial: week 144 analysis of the efficacy of darunavir/ritonavir (DRV/r) monotherapy versus DRV/r plus two nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors, for patients with viral load < 50 HIV-1 RNA copies/mL at baseline. HIV Medicine. 2012 Aug;13(7):398-405.
- Estébanez M, Arribas JR. Protease inhibitor monotherapy: what is its role? Current HIV/AIDS Reports. 2012 Jun;9(2):179-85.
- Pasquier RA, Jilek S, Kalubi M, et al. Marked Increase of the Astrocytic Marker S100B in the Cerebrospinal Fluid of HIV-infected Patients on LPV/r-Monotherapy. AIDS. 2012; in press.
- Pasquet A, Ajana F, Melliez H, et al. Central nervous system HIV replication and HIV-related pachymeningitis in a patient on protease inhibitor monotherapy despite an undetectable plasma viral load. AIDS. 2012 Aug 24;26(13):1726-8.
- Gisslén M, Fuchs D, Hagberg L, et al. Cerebrospinal fluid viral breakthrough in two HIV-infected subjects on darunavir/ritonavir monotherapy. Scandinavian Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2012; in press.
- International Monetary Fund. IMF sees heightened risks sapping slower global recovery. IMF Survey Magazine: IMF Research. 9 October 2012.
- McKenna B. Slowing world economy hits Canada, US trade. Globe and Mail. 11 October 2012 [subscription may be required].
- Wolf M. Is unlimited growth a thing of the past? Financial Times. 2 October 2012 [subscription or registration required].
Add Your Comment:
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy