A Day With HIV (and Recent Updates in My Life)

A Video Blog

September 24, 2012

Please view my video blog talking about "A Day With HIV" which occurred on Friday, September 21, as well as other recent updates in my life lately:

Send Maria an email.

Get email notifications every time this blog is updated.

More Personal Accounts of Women With HIV/AIDS

Comment by: Bruce E. (Argyle NY) Thu., Sep. 27, 2012 at 3:53 pm EDT
Beautiful Video Blog Maria. You are a tiger. This is going to a small group I started. I want them to see it. Although I always forward TheBody.com to the group I want them to make sure they see your blogs. HIVpassions allows us to put active links on our profiles so I will put this on my profile a well. God bless you. I will send you something about eating only organic grown foods. I think you should see it and know about insecticides on crops.
Also one more note! You look great!
Bruce
Comment by: Maria Mejia (Miami) Mon., Oct. 1, 2012 at 3:00 pm EDT
Ty Bruce :)

add me on FB Maria HIV Mejia. I have a huge international group there that I founded and it is a great place with people from all over. love and light.

Comment by: marley (ga) Wed., Sep. 26, 2012 at 4:14 am EDT
hey i commend people like you for making video like this ...i am 30 i been positive for over 10 years.its very hard living with this disease,need more people like you not a day goes by i wish i can change this factor. i want kids but how easy is it to tell a girl yo im hiv positive base on the media and everyone propective of hiv...interested in meeting females that looking to start a family or help coop thro this
Comment by: Bruce E. (Argyle NY) Thu., Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:06 pm EDT
Marley. There are women out there that want the same thing. In the past year I have looked at a lot of profiles of women that are as well living with a HIV+ status.. Believe me it is not the end of the world by any means. Just don't wait for the ship to come in but swim out to it.
Bruce
Comment by: Maria Mejia (Miami) Thu., Sep. 27, 2012 at 7:41 pm EDT
Hello and thank you for your words :)

I am here to humanize the illness as one of the HIV faces of the world. together we will continue to educate and spread awareness until the cure comes. I hope one day we never have to talk about HIV/AIDS again

love and light

Maria
Comment by: Maria Mejia (Miami) Mon., Oct. 1, 2012 at 2:58 pm EDT
Yes Bruce! many women/men online with our situation

if you all ever want I have huge online group in FB. add me Maria HIV Mejia .I will add you all

love and light

Time to Show My Face and Take the Stigma Away

Maria T. Mejia

Maria T. Mejia

I am a 37-year-old Colombian female who lives in Miami, Florida. I've been positive for 20 years. Although almost all my life I've been in long-term relationships with HIV-negative men, I am happily married to a woman who is wonderful and caring. We have been together almost three years and she is HIV negative. I have no children but we will look into having! I am an activist, a peer educator, a caregiver. I volunteered for the Red Cross in education for the Hispanic HIV community and also the American community. I was a pre- and post-test counselor. I have spoken in many conferences and done a lot of outreach in the community, especially in the schools for prevention and education. It is part of my everyday life to educate everyone I can on this subject. Being HIV positive is nothing to be ashamed about! We are strong women, and we will take away all the stigmas slowly but we have to open up.

Friend Maria on Facebook

Read more blogs by women living with HIV/AIDS at "A Girl Like Me"

A Girl Like Me

The Well Project shares its content with TheBody.com to ensure all people have access to the highest quality treatment information available. The Well Project receives no advertising revenue from TheBody.com or the advertisers on this site. No advertiser on this site has any editorial input into The Well Project's content.