A Day in the Life Video Series: Eva Hansen on Traveling While Positive -- for 28 Years

October 19, 2011

Keeping up with HIV meds often means having to weave daily doses into a busy life. How do other HIVers do it? In each episode of this video series, we'll take a peek into the day-to-day routine of a person who's living with HIV, taking HIV meds, and dealing with situations that get in the way of adherence. Watch other videos in the series.

Episode 3: Eva Hansen

Age: 69

Home: Atlanta, Ga.

Diagnosed: 1983

Summary: "If there's a plane leaving, I want to be on it!" says longtime HIV survivor Eva Hansen of one of her favorite hobbies. Eva shares why she adores traveling -- and what she's learned about trotting the globe with HIV meds in tow.

Keeping up with HIV meds often means weaving daily doses into busy lives. How do other HIVers do it? In each episode of this video series, we'll take a peek into the day-to-day routine of a person who's living with HIV, taking HIV meds, and dealing w

Produced by Mark S. King.

Copyright © 2011 The HealthCentral Network, Inc. All rights reserved.

6 Reasons Why People Skip Their HIV Meds
Word on the Street: Advice on Adhering to HIV Treatment
More Personal Accounts of Staying Adherent to HIV/AIDS Medications

Comment by: lee west (brooklyn n.y.) Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 at 9:30 am EST
Very inspiring story i'm 60 yrs. old & i love to travel (i love life) i only take 4 pills for now & struggle with side effects, but this lady takes more than i could ever take, so my hats off to her & her courage & love for life she's truly a good person at heart because she could just lay home & sulk but she chooses to be positive about life.God bless her!

Comment by: debi (south carolina) Thu., May. 23, 2013 at 11:20 pm EDT
u go girl! I love u!

Comment by: mike (dallas) Sun., Jan. 8, 2012 at 10:59 pm EST
i've been diagnosed for a year and every time I log into this site, I watch Eva's video, it brings a smile to me when i'm feeling low.

Comment by: Sidnei (Rio, Brazil) Sun., Dec. 4, 2011 at 11:42 am EST
Inspirational! What a lovely lady and her video sure gave me strength. I also love travelling and hope to keep travelling in the future. Ms.E. Hansen: been to Rio already? Come visit! Thank you for making the video.

Comment by: Mike (Toronto, Canada) Sun., Nov. 6, 2011 at 10:39 pm EST
Eva! Your love of life and people really shines through in this video. Keep up with the travelling and I'll see you at the airport! :)
Comment by: Anonymous Mon., Dec. 22, 2014 at 9:39 am EST
Very inspiring story,I'm 60 yrs old & have h.i.v. for 26 yrs now, but she's got me beat I only take 4 pills & struggle with medication side effects, this brave lady takes way more than i'll ever manage & doesn't complain & she traves too which i love to do also she's a good person i can tell because she could stay home & sulk but she chooses to live her life to the fullest. May god continue to bless her!