Project Inform thanks Mark R. Vogel, MA, for researching and writing the document and the following individuals in the four jurisdictions profiled for providing data and insight into their TLC-Plus Programs: Moupali Das, MD, MPH, San Francisco; Michael Saag, MD, Birmingham; Jennifer Sayles, MD, Los Angeles; and Tiffany West, MD, and Terrence Young (Community Education Group), Washington D.C.
- Hall HI, Song R, Rhodes P, et al. Estimation of HIV incidence in the United States. JAMA. 2008;300:520-529.
- HRSA HIV/AIDS Bureau Outreach: Engaging people in HIV care. August 2006.
- Valdiserri RO. Late HIV diagnosis: Bad medicine and worse public health. PLoS Medicine. 2007;4:e200.
- Office of the White House. National HIV/AIDS Strategy for the United States. July 2010.
- Centers for Disease Control. MMWR Recommendations and Report, Revised Recommendations for HIV Testing of Adults, Adolescents,
and Pregnant Women in Health Care Settings. 2006:6.
- Donnell D, Baeten Jm, Kiarie J, et al. Heterosexual HIV-1 transmission after initiation of antiretroviral therapy: a prospective cohort analysis. Lancet. 2010;375:2092-2098.
- Alkorn K. Treatment as prevention works: randomised study shuts 3 years early after showing 96% reduction in risk of transmission.
aidsmap. May 12, 2011.
- Das M, Chu PL, Santos, G-M, et al. Decreases in community viral load are accompanied by reductions in new HIV infections in San Francisco. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11068.
- Das M, Chu PL, Santos, G-M, et al. Success of test and treat in San Francisco? Reduced time to virologic suppression, decreased community viral load, and fewer new HIV infections, 2004 to 2009. Paper presented at: 18th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections; February 2011; Boston, MA.
- Charlebois ED, Das M, Porco TC, Havlir DV. The effect of expanded antiretroviral treatment strategies on the HIV epidemic among men who have sex with men in San Francisco. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;52(8):1046-1049.
- Gardner EM, McLees MP, Steiner JF, del Rio C, Burman WJ. The spectrum of engagement in HIV care and its relevance to test-and-treat strategies for prevention of HIV infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2011;52(6):793-800.
- Mugavero MJ, Lin H-Y, Willig JH, et al. Missed visits and mortality among patients establishing initial outpatient HIV treatment.
Clin Infect Dis. 2009;48(2):248-56.
- Giordano TP, Gifford AL, White Jr. AC, et al. Retention in care: A challenge to survival with HIV infection. Clin Infect Dis. 2007;44(11):1493-1499.
- Sanders GD, Bayoumi AM, Sundaram V, et al. Cost-effectiveness of screening for HIV in the era of highly active antiretroviral therapy. N Engl J Med. 2005;352:570-85.
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read TheBody.com's Comment Policy