Nelson Vergel, Houston, Texas; Diagnosed in 1986
- Before you start, take a once or twice a day vitamin if you have never taken meds before. This will get you used to the schedule.
- Get an alarm watch.
- Get a pill box so that you don't have to open bottles every day.
- If you take Atripla, remember to take it on an empty stomach. Placing it next to your toothbrush will help you remember to take it before bed (at least 2 hours after dinner).
- Set phone alerts through phone apps like BugMe or Google Calendar.
- Sign up for TheBody.com's Personal Reminder Service at thebody.com/reminders to get text messages when it's time for meds, doctor's appointments, refills, etc.
- Make sure your pharmacist can call you to remind you of refill time.