These appendices contain more detailed information about currently available antiretroviral drugs and building treatment combinations. There are five appendices:
- Appendix A: an outline of the HIV life cycle that shows how the different classes of antiretroviral drugs fight the virus at different points in the cycle
- Appendix B: a list of the currently available classes of antiretroviral drugs and the drugs approved within each class
- Appendix C: an introduction to building an HIV drug combination
- Appendix D: an overview of first-time combinations
- Appendix E: an explanation of how HIV can become resistant to antiretroviral drugs and the tests used to detect drug resistance
Stay Up to Date!
The information in these appendices can change. New drugs are continually being approved, and recommendations for treatment combinations change as new information becomes available. Always make sure to seek out the most recent, most reliable information on HIV treatments.