Print this page    •   Back to Web version of article

Women's HIV & AIDS Advocacy and Leadership Summit Application Deadline Extended

July 29, 2011

Applications for the 2011 Women's HIV & AIDS Advocacy and Leadership Summit (WALS) in Baton Rouge October 13 – 16 are still being accepted. (The new deadline for applicants is August 15.)

C2EA WALS Application (PDF)

Participants will include local, regional, and national advocates living with HIV & AIDS, community and state service providers, and other individuals and groups who prioritize the leadership and meaningful involvement of women in advocacy and policy change.

Summit Advocacy Project

Participants will be equipped and supported by partnerships with AIDS Service Organizations, community based organizations, religious institutions, women's or LGBTQ groups, or other entities to carry out grassroots-organizing projects that will continue after the Summit and may be implemented indefinitely. Organizing projects should link women's HIV & AIDS priority issues, C2EA demands (treatment, research, prevention, and respect), pressing local needs and development of grassroots networks. We encourage participants to develop a project that is particularly relevant to your community surrounding HIV & AIDS.

In particular, think about the following questions:

How is HIV & AIDS affecting your peers?
What is your community, church, or local government doing about it?
What changes would you like to see in your local community?
What gaps in services can you identify in your community?

Find more information about C2EA Women on Facebook.

This article was provided by Campaign to End AIDS. You can find this article online by typing this address into your Web browser:

General Disclaimer: is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided through should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, consult your health care provider.