Print this page
Back to Web version of article
Index of Articles From HIV Prevention Justice Alliance (HIV PJA)
- What Do Young Gay Black Men Need? A Sound Off From "CorneliusOnpoint" (October 28, 2014)
- Rethink Possible! (October 27, 2014)
- Condomless Hookups and the Political, Emotional Resistance of Black Gay Men (October 15, 2014)
- Why Are We Still Having Silent Sex? (October 14, 2014)
- Rebuilding Community as HIV Prevention (October 10, 2014)
- Why We Must Not Ignore the Lives of Older Black Gay Men (October 9, 2014)
- HIV Criminalization: Another Way to Lock Up Young Black Men (October 8, 2014)
- Notes on the "We Are Here" Blog Tour (October 7, 2014)
- Advocacy Groups Report to UN on U.S. Failures to Address the HIV Epidemic in Communities of Color (August 6, 2014)
- Blueprints for Our Collective Protection: Charles Stephens on Black Gay Men, Sexual Health, HIV Prevention and Justice (April 23, 2014)
- Friday: Global Day of Action in Support of Nigeria's LGBT Community (March 3, 2014)
- By Jan. 15: Open Letter to U.S. CDC: Reduce YOUR Risk of Misleading Language, Methods, Recommendations on Gay/Bi/MSM Sex, Gender Identity, HIV Prevention (January 9, 2014)
- Risky Women: Disrupting Simple Notions of Women's HIV Risk (December 2, 2013)
- Oct. 28: Webinar on "PrEP-ception" -- Reducing HIV Risk While Achieving Pregnancy (October 9, 2013)
- Act for Aging and Living With Justice for People With HIV and LGBTQ People (September 17, 2013)
- Action Plan: Week of September 9 (September 9, 2013)
Caring Across HIV: Aging/Living/Justice.
- Speak Up for Sept: How Has Home Care Affected Your Life, Family, Community? (August 1, 2013)
- Register Today for July 25 Webinar: African Americans and Hep C (July 17, 2013)
In observance of the inaugural African American Hepatitis C Action Day.
- Endorse the REPEAL Act! Together We Can End HIV Criminalization (May 2, 2013)
- Navigating HIV Care: Using Navigators, Linkage Specialists and Community Health Care Workers to Improve Health Outcomes (April 29, 2013)
- Behind the Miracle Cure a Broken System Lurks (March 5, 2013)
- HIV Is Not a Crime: Sign On to the Positive Justice Project's Consensus Statement by Feb. 6 (February 1, 2013)
- Join the Campaign Briefing for the Robin Hood Tax to End AIDS (January 30, 2013)
- HIV Doesn't Discriminate by Age, Should UNAIDS? Sign This Letter (January 23, 2013)
- Do a Naked Action Too ... From the Comfort of Your Own Home! (November 28, 2012)
- The Stigma of Sandy: Sound Familiar? (November 5, 2012)
- Post-Hurricane Sandy NYC: How You Can Help, and Info to Share (November 1, 2012)
Hurricane Sandy devastated areas of NYC that are hard-hit by HIV, including Lower Manhattan. Here is information on how to help, and how people can get help who are in the City.
- Tell Congress That Raising Revenue Isn't Scary; It's Lifesaving! (October 31, 2012)
Tell Congress to stop frightful cuts to HIV programs and other essential safety net services.
- Movie Event: Celebrate Our History and Build Our Movement (September 17, 2012)
- Young Gay and Bi Men's Lives Matter: A Call to Action (August 9, 2012)
- Counter Corbett's Cuts! (August 3, 2012)
- We Can End AIDS: July 24, 2012 -- Washington, D.C. (June 21, 2012)
Mobilization for economic justice and human rights.
- It's the Best Kept Secret We Need to Share: There's a Totally Free and Public International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C. This Summer (June 7, 2012)
- Rethinking the "MSM" Category: Webinar on June 13 (June 4, 2012)
- HIV, Aging, Care With Dignity: Webinar on Justice for In-Home Care & Support (May 15, 2012)
Wednesday, May 30; 12:30 - 2:00 pm Eastern.
- Webinar, May 10: Stories From the Ground -- Innovations, Collaborations and Victories in Defending the Rights of Sex Workers (April 30, 2012)
- April 30: Help Write AIDS 2012 Plenary Speech on HIV in the United States (April 24, 2012)
- Say NO to Novartis! (March 19, 2012)
- Under Attack: Your Health Care Rights (February 29, 2012)
- Republican Leaders Have Blood on Their Hands: Sign Petition to Remove Ban on Federal Needle-Exchange Funds (February 7, 2012)
- Urgent: Please Make Calls About Syringe Exchange Now!! (December 12, 2011)
Congress could make decisions about syringe exchange funding as soon as today!
- Nov. 16 Webinar: 2012 -- Revolution or Ruin? (November 14, 2011)
- Congress Must Protect Medicare, Medicaid, Ryan White and Critical Health Services (November 11, 2011)
- Sign On: Treatment Prevents Transmission -- Obama, Stand Up for Treatment Expansion Worldwide (October 7, 2011)
- Building a Bridge to 2014 for People Living With HIV: Update and Advocacy Strategy (September 26, 2011)
- Sept. 21: What the FOA Is Going On?!?! A Timely Discussion on CDC's Controversial Funding Opportunity Announcement for HIV Prevention Programs in Health Depts (September 15, 2011)
- You Are Invited! The Inaugural HIV Prevention Justice Leadership Assembly! (August 24, 2011)
- Breaking: HIV PJA Calls for Transgender Justice at Prevention Conference (August 14, 2011)
- One Year of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy: How Are We Doing? (July 27, 2011)
- Keep the Momentum of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (July 13, 2011)
- The 10th Anniversary of the Trans Health Conference (June 23, 2011)
- New Technical Guidance for HIV Prevention Among MSM Around the Globe (May 31, 2011)
- June 15: HIV PJA Webinar -- Glass Half Full: Resilience Among Gay Men as an Emerging HIV Prevention Justice Strategy (May 31, 2011)
- June 6: Live! AIDS 2012 Community Reps Take Your Qs, Suggestions! (May 20, 2011)
- JOIN US! Wednesday, May 18 at 3:30 p.m. ET for an HIV PJA Strategy Webinar (May 11, 2011)
- HIV PJA Strategy Webinar Recap: FEM-PrEP Trial Closure, U.S. Pricing & Access Issues After iPrEx, & UN Update (April 21, 2011)
- What Don't We Know About LGBT Health? The National Institutes of Health Is Asking (April 5, 2011)
- Health Care Reform, HIV Prevention Initiatives, and HIV Criminalization (March 23, 2011)
Materials now available from the 3/16 HIV Prevention Justive Alliance strategy webinar "Implementation Fever -- Making Health Reform & NHAS Tools for Prevention Justice."
- 3/16: Implementation Fever: Making Health Reform and the National HIV/AIDS Strategy Tools of HIV Prevention Justice (March 15, 2011)
- Sign on, Sign Up, Speak Out: Save Prevention Access (March 8, 2011)
- Q and A: Moving PrEP From Promising Trial Result to Practical, Public Health Prevention Intervention? (March 2, 2011)
- Is PrEP Prevention Justice? (March 1, 2011)
HIV PJA strategy webinar summary.
- Organizations: Call on US to Heed UN Words on Sex Worker Rights (February 28, 2011)
- Congress: Ask for $$$ Estimate on the Nat'l AIDS Strategy! (February 25, 2011)
- Feb. 16: Is PrEP Prevention Justice? Join HIV PJA for Webinar on New Prevention Technology (January 27, 2011)
- Eliminate the Leadership Deficit on HIV/AIDS (January 27, 2011)
President Obama and GOP House majority talk of austerity spells bad news for the fight against HIV/AIDS.
- Feb. 10: HIV, Health Care Reform, Prevention: How to Make It All Work! (January 25, 2011)
- Guide for HIV Treatment Access for Those Without ... (January 19, 2011)
- Free Prevention Justice Film for World AIDS Day Screenings (October 29, 2010)
- Sept. 22: Join CHAMP and the HIV Prevention Justice Alliance for RED HOT Webinar Discussion and Strategy on HIV Prevention (September 20, 2010)
- July 29: LiveBlog the Fed Meeting on "Strategic Realignment of Funding" in Sex Health/STDs in Racial/Ethnic Minorities (July 26, 2010)
- Human Rights as a Conscious Achievement: Prevention Justician Waheedah Shabazz-El Closes Out AIDS 2010 (July 23, 2010)
- Finish Health Care Reform! Finish the Job! Take Action Today for Health Care Reform (February 3, 2010)
You can find this article online by typing this address into your Web browser:
General Disclaimer: TheBody.com is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. The information provided through TheBody.com should not be used for diagnosing or treating a health problem or a disease. It is not a substitute for professional care. If you have or suspect you may have a health problem, consult your health care provider.