Index of Articles From HIV Prevention Justice Alliance (HIV PJA)
- Condomless Hookups and the Political, Emotional Resistance of Black Gay Men (October 15, 2014)
- Why Are We Still Having Silent Sex? (October 14, 2014)
- Rebuilding Community as HIV Prevention (October 10, 2014)
- Why We Must Not Ignore the Lives of Older Black Gay Men (October 9, 2014)
- HIV Criminalization: Another Way to Lock Up Young Black Men (October 8, 2014)
- Notes on the "We Are Here" Blog Tour (October 7, 2014)
- Advocacy Groups Report to UN on U.S. Failures to Address the HIV Epidemic in Communities of Color (August 6, 2014)
- Blueprints for Our Collective Protection: Charles Stephens on Black Gay Men, Sexual Health, HIV Prevention and Justice (April 23, 2014)
- Friday: Global Day of Action in Support of Nigeria's LGBT Community (March 3, 2014)
- By Jan. 15: Open Letter to U.S. CDC: Reduce YOUR Risk of Misleading Language, Methods, Recommendations on Gay/Bi/MSM Sex, Gender Identity, HIV Prevention (January 9, 2014)
- Risky Women: Disrupting Simple Notions of Women's HIV Risk (December 2, 2013)
- Oct. 28: Webinar on "PrEP-ception" -- Reducing HIV Risk While Achieving Pregnancy (October 9, 2013)
- Act for Aging and Living With Justice for People With HIV and LGBTQ People (September 17, 2013)
- Action Plan: Week of September 9 (September 9, 2013)
Caring Across HIV: Aging/Living/Justice.
- Speak Up for Sept: How Has Home Care Affected Your Life, Family, Community? (August 1, 2013)
- Register Today for July 25 Webinar: African Americans and Hep C (July 17, 2013)
In observance of the inaugural African American Hepatitis C Action Day.
- Endorse the REPEAL Act! Together We Can End HIV Criminalization (May 2, 2013)
- Navigating HIV Care: Using Navigators, Linkage Specialists and Community Health Care Workers to Improve Health Outcomes (April 29, 2013)
- Behind the Miracle Cure a Broken System Lurks (March 5, 2013)
- HIV Is Not a Crime: Sign On to the Positive Justice Project's Consensus Statement by Feb. 6 (February 1, 2013)
- Join the Campaign Briefing for the Robin Hood Tax to End AIDS (January 30, 2013)
- HIV Doesn't Discriminate by Age, Should UNAIDS? Sign This Letter (January 23, 2013)
- Do a Naked Action Too ... From the Comfort of Your Own Home! (November 28, 2012)
- The Stigma of Sandy: Sound Familiar? (November 5, 2012)
- Post-Hurricane Sandy NYC: How You Can Help, and Info to Share (November 1, 2012)
Hurricane Sandy devastated areas of NYC that are hard-hit by HIV, including Lower Manhattan. Here is information on how to help, and how people can get help who are in the City.
- Tell Congress That Raising Revenue Isn't Scary; It's Lifesaving! (October 31, 2012)
Tell Congress to stop frightful cuts to HIV programs and other essential safety net services.
- Movie Event: Celebrate Our History and Build Our Movement (September 17, 2012)
- Young Gay and Bi Men's Lives Matter: A Call to Action (August 9, 2012)
- Counter Corbett's Cuts! (August 3, 2012)
- We Can End AIDS: July 24, 2012 -- Washington, D.C. (June 21, 2012)
Mobilization for economic justice and human rights.
- It's the Best Kept Secret We Need to Share: There's a Totally Free and Public International AIDS Conference in Washington, D.C. This Summer (June 7, 2012)
- Rethinking the "MSM" Category: Webinar on June 13 (June 4, 2012)
- HIV, Aging, Care With Dignity: Webinar on Justice for In-Home Care & Support (May 15, 2012)
Wednesday, May 30; 12:30 - 2:00 pm Eastern.
- Webinar, May 10: Stories From the Ground -- Innovations, Collaborations and Victories in Defending the Rights of Sex Workers (April 30, 2012)
- April 30: Help Write AIDS 2012 Plenary Speech on HIV in the United States (April 24, 2012)
- Say NO to Novartis! (March 19, 2012)
- Under Attack: Your Health Care Rights (February 29, 2012)
- Republican Leaders Have Blood on Their Hands: Sign Petition to Remove Ban on Federal Needle-Exchange Funds (February 7, 2012)
- Urgent: Please Make Calls About Syringe Exchange Now!! (December 12, 2011)
Congress could make decisions about syringe exchange funding as soon as today!
- Nov. 16 Webinar: 2012 -- Revolution or Ruin? (November 14, 2011)
- Congress Must Protect Medicare, Medicaid, Ryan White and Critical Health Services (November 11, 2011)
- Sign On: Treatment Prevents Transmission -- Obama, Stand Up for Treatment Expansion Worldwide (October 7, 2011)
- Building a Bridge to 2014 for People Living With HIV: Update and Advocacy Strategy (September 26, 2011)
- Sept. 21: What the FOA Is Going On?!?! A Timely Discussion on CDC's Controversial Funding Opportunity Announcement for HIV Prevention Programs in Health Depts (September 15, 2011)
- You Are Invited! The Inaugural HIV Prevention Justice Leadership Assembly! (August 24, 2011)
- Breaking: HIV PJA Calls for Transgender Justice at Prevention Conference (August 14, 2011)
- One Year of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy: How Are We Doing? (July 27, 2011)
- Keep the Momentum of the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (July 13, 2011)
- The 10th Anniversary of the Trans Health Conference (June 23, 2011)
- New Technical Guidance for HIV Prevention Among MSM Around the Globe (May 31, 2011)
- June 15: HIV PJA Webinar -- Glass Half Full: Resilience Among Gay Men as an Emerging HIV Prevention Justice Strategy (May 31, 2011)
- June 6: Live! AIDS 2012 Community Reps Take Your Qs, Suggestions! (May 20, 2011)
- JOIN US! Wednesday, May 18 at 3:30 p.m. ET for an HIV PJA Strategy Webinar (May 11, 2011)
- HIV PJA Strategy Webinar Recap: FEM-PrEP Trial Closure, U.S. Pricing & Access Issues After iPrEx, & UN Update (April 21, 2011)
- What Don't We Know About LGBT Health? The National Institutes of Health Is Asking (April 5, 2011)
- Health Care Reform, HIV Prevention Initiatives, and HIV Criminalization (March 23, 2011)
Materials now available from the 3/16 HIV Prevention Justive Alliance strategy webinar "Implementation Fever -- Making Health Reform & NHAS Tools for Prevention Justice."
- 3/16: Implementation Fever: Making Health Reform and the National HIV/AIDS Strategy Tools of HIV Prevention Justice (March 15, 2011)
- Sign on, Sign Up, Speak Out: Save Prevention Access (March 8, 2011)
- Q and A: Moving PrEP From Promising Trial Result to Practical, Public Health Prevention Intervention? (March 2, 2011)
- Is PrEP Prevention Justice? (March 1, 2011)
HIV PJA strategy webinar summary.
- Organizations: Call on US to Heed UN Words on Sex Worker Rights (February 28, 2011)
- Congress: Ask for $$$ Estimate on the Nat'l AIDS Strategy! (February 25, 2011)
- Feb. 16: Is PrEP Prevention Justice? Join HIV PJA for Webinar on New Prevention Technology (January 27, 2011)
- Eliminate the Leadership Deficit on HIV/AIDS (January 27, 2011)
President Obama and GOP House majority talk of austerity spells bad news for the fight against HIV/AIDS.
- Feb. 10: HIV, Health Care Reform, Prevention: How to Make It All Work! (January 25, 2011)
- Guide for HIV Treatment Access for Those Without ... (January 19, 2011)
- Free Prevention Justice Film for World AIDS Day Screenings (October 29, 2010)
- Sept. 22: Join CHAMP and the HIV Prevention Justice Alliance for RED HOT Webinar Discussion and Strategy on HIV Prevention (September 20, 2010)
- July 29: LiveBlog the Fed Meeting on "Strategic Realignment of Funding" in Sex Health/STDs in Racial/Ethnic Minorities (July 26, 2010)
- Human Rights as a Conscious Achievement: Prevention Justician Waheedah Shabazz-El Closes Out AIDS 2010 (July 23, 2010)
- Finish Health Care Reform! Finish the Job! Take Action Today for Health Care Reform (February 3, 2010)