Guide to HIV, Pregnancy and Women's Health
Table of Contents
- Background and General Questions
- Protecting and Ensuring the Mother's Health
- How HIV Is Transmitted to a Baby
- Planning Your Pregnancy
- HIV Care and Treatment During Pregnancy
- Screening and Monitoring
- Prevention and Treatment of Other Infections
- Delivering Your Baby
- HIV Drugs and the Baby's Health
- After the Baby Is Born
- Feeding Your Baby
- Tips to Help Adherence
- Tips to Help With Morning Sickness or Drug-Associated Nausea
- Useful Charts
- Further Information
The guide was written and compiled by Polly Clayden for HIV i-Base.
Thanks to the advisory board of HIV positive people, activists and health care professionals for comments and the people who shared their stories. Particular thanks to Angelina Namibia and Memory Sachikonye.
Funded by The Monument Trust.
Artwork copyright Keith Haring Studio.
Information in this booklet is not intended to replace information from your doctor. Treatment decisions should always be taken in consultation with your doctor.
Copyright © 2007-2014 Remedy Health Media, LLC. All rights reserved.