The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
HIV/AIDS Resource Center for the Newly Diagnosed
Enrique Raul Bernadette Fortunata Heidi Greg Jack Ahmad Lucia

HIV Monitoring Test Basics



Dealing With HIV and Other Illnesses?

If you are coinfected with another chronic illness, such as hepatitis B or C, your physician may refer you to a liver specialist who also specializes in HIV. Make sure that you inform all doctors of coinfection, and that each of your doctors is in contact with the others.

Learn more about coinfection with other illnesses, including sexually transmitted infections.

Ask questions, or read answers, specifically about hepatitis and HIV coinfection in's "Ask the Experts" forum on hepatitis and HIV.

Related Stories

More on Monitoring Tests

This article was provided by


Add Your Comment:
(Please note: Your name and comment will be public, and may even show up in
Internet search results. Be careful when providing personal information! Before
adding your comment, please read's Comment Policy.)

Your Name:

Your Location:

(ex: San Francisco, CA)

Your Comment:

Characters remaining:


The content on this page is free of advertiser influence and was produced by our editorial team. See our advertising policy.

elseinclude {