Index of Articles From Housing Works
Housing Works AIDS Issues Update
- Reflections From Housing Works CEO Charles King on the Election (November 9, 2016)
- Media Frenzy Over Man on PrEP Contracting HIV (March 4, 2016)
- AIDS Will Only End When ... (July 24, 2014)
- On Peer Syringe Exchange Delivery and on Working Together (July 21, 2014)
- NYS Health Dept Publishes Paper Explaining Its Housing-as-Healthcare Medicaid Funding (December 19, 2013)
- Watchdogs to Feds: Obamacare Plans Making It Hard to Access HIV Drugs (December 11, 2013)
- A Report From Denver's Drug Policy Reform Conference (November 4, 2013)
- HUD Announces Over $32 Million in HOPWA Grants (June 4, 2013)
- The Aging of the Epidemic: Older New Yorkers Living With HIV/AIDS (June 3, 2013)
- HASA Changes Housing Policies Again, Marking Fourth Change in Over Two Years (May 9, 2013)
- Trends of HIV/AIDS Prevalence Among NYC's Transgender Population (April 18, 2013)
- PACHA Releases Recommendations to Curb Spread of HIV/AIDS Among Transgender People (April 9, 2013)
- Ryan White Getting Set for Fifth Reauthorization (April 3, 2013)
- 200K New Yorkers Living With Hepatitis C Win Victory in State Budget! (April 2, 2013)
- State of the Union: 15 Days Until $538 Million Cut From HIV/AIDS Services and Programs (February 13, 2013)
- We Must Act Now to Save the NYS AIDS Institute (February 12, 2013)
- On National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, Report on Incarceration Illuminates Barrier to Treatment (February 7, 2013)
- Even Without FY14 Reductions, Brooklyn Already Feeling Effects of Previous HIV/AIDS Cuts (February 6, 2013)
- Mass Incarceration, Housing Instability and HIV/AIDS: Research Findings and Policy Recommendations (PDF) (February 2013)
From National Minority AIDS Council and Housing Works
- The AIDS Community Needs Answers: NYC Budget Proposes Major HASA Changes (January 31, 2013)
- Dave Purchase, Syringe Exchange Pioneer Passes, But His Legacy Lives On (January 30, 2013)
- Southern State Sets Sights on Syringe Exchange Program (January 30, 2013)
- Cuomo Releases First Draft of FY13-FY14 Executive Budget, HIV/AIDS Funding Unclear (January 28, 2013)
- New Year, New ADAP Watch Shows People of Color to be Greatly Affected by Sequestration (January 24, 2013)
- Puerto Rico's CAIM Calls for Strategic Drug Policy Plan, Inclduing Harm Reduction and HIV Ed (January 22, 2013)
- Congress is Wrong: Opposing Prostitution & Sex Trafficking Won't Stop Spread of HIV/AIDS (January 17, 2013)
- People Living With HIV/AIDS Should Take Extra Precautions This Flu Season (January 14, 2013)
- Newsweek's Last Article on AIDS Breaks "AIDS Fatigue," but Is Racially & Historically Problematic (January 10, 2013)
- Take to Twitter to Tell W. Virginia's Legislature to Stop Abstinence-Based Sex & HIV/AIDS Education! (January 8, 2013)
- Mayoral Forum on Public Health Shows Need for Specific Forum on HIV/AIDS (January 7, 2013)
- In Detail: The Proposed Funding Cuts to HIV/AIDS Programs Embedded in the Sequestration (January 3, 2013)
- HIV Infection Rates Continue to Rise Among MSM and Communities of Color (December 27, 2012)
- Chevron's Bait and Switch: HIV Funding Does Not Erase Human Rights Abuses (December 19, 2012)
- Is "AIDS Fatigue" a Factor in Growing Infection Rates Among Gay, Bisexual, and MSM Youth? (December 13, 2012)
- Is "AIDS Fatigue" Real? Media Coverage of HIV/AIDS Has Sharply Declined (December 6, 2012)
- NYC's Second Largest Realtor Guilty of Housing Discrimination Against People With AIDS (December 4, 2012)
Landmark federal decision finds that "evidence is not just 'a thick cloud of smoke,' it is a smoking gun."
- Housing Works Takes Over City Hall Park to Demand Policies and Funding to End AIDS Epidemic (November 29, 2012)
- HIV/AIDS Advocacy: After the Election ... (November 7, 2012)
- We Stand With Mark: The Nonsense of HIV Criminalization Continues (October 26, 2012)
- Housing Works Activists Travel to Boca Raton to Put HIV/AIDS on the Electoral Issues Map (October 23, 2012)
- Housing Works and Other NYC Orgs Descend on Hofstra to Protest HIV Criminalization Laws (October 17, 2012)
- October Is Domestic Violence Awareness Month, and PLWA Can Be Especially Vulnerable (October 15, 2012)
- OraQuick Test Hits Market, Test's Viability Among Low-Income Populations Uncertain (October 12, 2012)
- With World AIDS Day Around the Corner, NYC Looks to Create AIDS Memorial Park (October 11, 2012)
- Canadian Supreme Court Ruling Precariously Hinges Upon Semantics and Viral Loads (October 8, 2012)
- Can "How to Survive a Plague" Reinvigorate Youth AIDS Activism? (October 4, 2012)
- How We Are Helping Women Living With HIV/AIDS (September 28, 2012)
- Housing Works Calls for More AIDS Funding at the One-Year Anniversary of Occupy Wall Street (September 18, 2012)
- Latino AIDS Org Kicked Out of Building, Landlord Claims They Bring "Disease" (September 14, 2012)
- PEPFAR: The Little Bo-Beep That Was (September 14, 2012)
- Humanizing HIV: A Day With HIV Focuses on What's Important -- People (August 30, 2012)
- Silence = Death, and the RNC Has Been Pretty Deadly So Far (August 29, 2012)
- Welcome Positive Health Project to Our Family of Comprehensive Services! (August 28, 2012)
- Read Housing Works' Letter of Support for 1115 Medicaid Waiver Amendment in New York State (August 27, 2012)
- Youth Action Institute -- Five Days in the Life of a Young AIDS Activist (August 23, 2012)
- D.C.'s Housing Waitlist Doesn't Budge -- Leaving Nearly One Thousand HIV-Positive Residents in Limbo (August 22, 2012)
- The Hidden Costs of PrEP (August 21, 2012)
- U.S. Panel Recommends What We've Been Saying for Years: HIV Testing for All (August 20, 2012)
- Federal Budget Deal Stalls Reinstating Federal Funding for Syringe Exchange Programs (August 13, 2012)
- Helping Marginalized Populations: The Top 5 Things You Should Know about the Medicaid Expansion (August 9, 2012)
- We Stand With Wallace: Silver Medal Olympian Reveals He's HIV Positive (August 8, 2012)
- A Free Man: David Plunkett Finally Released and Speaks to Housing Works (August 6, 2012)
- Leaps of Faith: Clinton's Speech and the Closing of the IAC (August 2, 2012)
- Competitors and Condoms: The International Olympic Committee on HIV/AIDS (August 2, 2012)
- The Forgotten Population: Heterosexual Men of Color and HIV (August 2, 2012)
- Where Were All of the Nurses? (August 1, 2012)
- Yes, an AIDS-Free Generation: A Response to NYT's Dr. Lawrence Altman (August 1, 2012)
- Dear Melbourne: How About a Conference for the People, by the People? (July 31, 2012)
- Fund Studies, Not Lanyards: Rethinking Corporate Participation at IAC (July 30, 2012)
- Holistic Treatment in Haiti: Implications From a Groundbreaking Study (July 26, 2012)
- Who Is the International AIDS Conference For? (July 26, 2012)
- There Is No There There: The False Framing of HIV Criminalization Laws (July 26, 2012)
- "Vagina Pride:" Laura Bush Keynotes Session on Female Leadership (July 26, 2012)
- A Tale of Two Cities: Housing Works Takes Back the IAC Convention Center (July 26, 2012)
- Holding Lives Hostage: The Cost of Drugs and Pharmaceutical Sponsorship (July 25, 2012)
- D.C. AIDS Community Demands Meaningful Seat at the City Planning Table (July 25, 2012)
- Thousands Take Over the Streets in D.C. in the "We Can End AIDS" Mobilization (July 24, 2012)
- Hillary Clinton Pledges to Up Funds for Science-Based Interventions in Highest Risk Populations (July 23, 2012)
- Elton John and Phil Wilson Call for Public HIV Status Disclosures World Wide (July 23, 2012)
- Same Gray Area: D.C. Mayor Vincent Gray Fails to Come Clean About City's HIV/AIDS Rates Again (July 23, 2012)
- Opening Ceremony at International AIDS Conference Lukewarm in Its Scope (July 22, 2012)
- Housing Summit Says to the UN: Put Housing in the AIDS Millennium Goals Now (July 22, 2012)
- Because HIV Is a Women's Issue: WCEA Pillar Two -- Ending the War on Women (July 19, 2012)
- How You Can Make a Difference This IAC -- and Everyday After (July 19, 2012)
- Nine Arrested on the National Mall Shouting End AIDS Now (July 18, 2012)
- The FDA Gives Truvada as PreP the Official Okay (July 17, 2012)
- President Obama Nixes IAC Appearances, Opting for "Video Greeting" Instead (July 17, 2012)
- People Over Profits: WCEA Pillar One -- Demand an End to Pharmaceutical Greed (July 16, 2012)
- Has the Global AIDS Epidemic Hit a Turning Point? (July 13, 2012)
- Why I'm Marching to End AIDS: Melanie Haskin Reese, Baltimore (July 13, 2012)
- Why I'm Marching to End AIDS: J. Raheem Harris, Dallas (July 13, 2012)
- Bringing It Home: The International AIDS Conference and HIV/AIDS in the U.S. (July 5, 2012)
- U.S. Holds Up "You Are Not Welcome" Sign to Sex Workers and Drug Users at the IAC (July 5, 2012)
- App Alert! These Handy Tools Can Turn a Neat Trick (July 5, 2012)
- Independent Testing for Independence Day: FDA Approves Over-the-Counter Oral HIV Test (July 3, 2012)
- Cali Offers Up First Medicaid Expansion Program as Other States Express Expansion Doubts (July 3, 2012)
- The Ruling Is in: Health Care Reform Stands (June 28, 2012)
- The CDC Partners With Retail Pharmacies to Provide Free Rapid HIV Tests (June 27, 2012)
- Good News for Affordable AIDS Supportive Housing in New York and Across the Nation (June 27, 2012)
- A Global Commission Paints the War on Drugs as a War Against Logic (June 26, 2012)
- Blood, Sweat and Tears: An HIV Primer (June 13, 2012)
- Kudos to Cuomo! Supports Housing for People Living With HIV/AIDS in Medicaid Redesign (June 7, 2012)
- Tom Duane Announces Retirement and Housing Works Says Thank You (June 5, 2012)
- UNAIDS Head Michel Sidibe to Keynote AIDS 2012 International Summit on Housing (May 30, 2012)
- 13th Street Theater Troupe Premiers "Stigma and the City" (May 30, 2012)
- Housing Works' Larry Bryant Testifies to FDA on Over-the-Counter HIV Tests (May 15, 2012)
- Bernie Sanders Bill Funds Global AIDS Drugs by Patent Buyout (May 10, 2012)
- On TheBodyPRO.com: Study -- Lack of Housing Most Important Health Risk for People With HIV (May 1, 2012)
- 10 AIDS Activists Kicked to the Curb and Arrested at ACT UP Anniversary (April 25, 2012)
- HRA Commish Doar to Force HASA Dependents to Work (April 19, 2012)
- Housing Works Joins ACT-UP 25th Anniversary NYC Demonstration (April 12, 2012)
- NYC Council Calls for $6.2 Mill HASA Increase in City Budget (April 12, 2012)
- Brooklyn and Bronx Rank Last in NYS Healthy Counties (April 9, 2012)
- Housing Works' East New York Community Health Center Celebrates Expansion With Ribbon Cutting (April 4, 2012)
- NYC Councilmember Letitia James Introduces Transgender Health Resolution (March 15, 2012)
- National Day of Action Planned for Access to Clean Syringes (March 15, 2012)
- Fighting Transgender Discrimination in New York: One Tuesday at a Time (March 13, 2012)
- Homeless as Wireless Hotspots: Opportunity or Exploitation? (March 13, 2012)
- Mississippi May Lose $5 Million in Ryan White Funds (March 8, 2012)
- Housing Works East New York Community Health Center Re-Opens to Serve New York's Homeless (March 8, 2012)
- Housing Works Joins National Day of Action for Syringe Exchange on March 21 (March 8, 2012)
- Activists Push for Woman-Centered AIDS Strategy at PACHA Meeting (March 1, 2012)
- Got Rubbers? Police May Hold It Against You (March 1, 2012)
- HASA Officials' Testimony Contradicts Reality (February 9, 2012)
- Planned Parenthood HIV/STD Prevention Services Attacked in Tennessee (February 8, 2012)
- Most in Mississippi With HIV Lack Treatment (January 31, 2012)
- Mississippi AIDS Activists Brace for Health Budget Slash (January 25, 2012)
- Banning the Syringe Exchange Ban (January 23, 2012)
- Underground Market for HIV Meds: The New "War on Drugs?" (January 18, 2012)
- New Study Details Southern U.S. HIV Epidemic (January 18, 2012)
- Interview: HRSA Discusses Planned ADAP Study (January 12, 2012)
- Report: Most Doctors Think Patients' Health Tied to Social Needs (January 10, 2012)
- Cuomo's State of the State Short on Justice for Transgender New Yorkers (January 5, 2012)
- People's State of the State Demands Economic Justice for New Yorkers (January 5, 2012)
- New Report: Insurance Companies Banking on Health Reform (January 5, 2012)
- 2012 Election Year Resurrects Culture Wars on AIDS, Race and Welfare (January 4, 2012)
- Advocates Plan Response to Syringe Exchange Funding Ban (December 21, 2011)
- Interview: Jeff Crowley on National AIDS Strategy and Leaving ONAP (December 20, 2011)
- Medicaid Redesign Team Recommends Housing Supports for People With HIV (December 15, 2011)
- New Report Shows Homeless Have Overlapping Needs (December 13, 2011)
- Housing Works Applauds Medicaid and Medicare Integration Proposal (December 7, 2011)
- Op Ed: Why Housing Works Opposes NYC's New HIV Guidelines (December 7, 2011)
- New York's New HASA Policy Snubs People With Substance Abuse Issues (December 6, 2011)
- Video: A Conversation With Rev. Charles King and Harmony Santana (December 5, 2011)
- Thirteen "Robin Hoods" Arrested at World AIDS Day Wall Street Protest (December 1, 2011)
- On the Eve of World AIDS Day, a Look at Media Malfeasance (November 30, 2011)
- NYC Council Votes to Sue DHS Over "Prove You're Homeless" Policy (November 29, 2011)
- Harlem United Forced to Pay $27K in Brokers' Fees Due to HASA Cuts (November 29, 2011)
- Join Us on Dec. 1, World AIDS Day, to "Schmear" Bloomberg and Demand Wall St. Tax (November 27, 2011)
- Be Like Movie Star Patricia Clarkson: Join Forces With Us for World AIDS Day (November 22, 2011)
- Trans Community Remembers Lives Lost on "Day of Remembrance" (November 22, 2011)
- Bloomberg World AIDS Day Gift: Cuts to Housing and HIV Prevention (November 22, 2011)
- AIDS Groups Join National Day of Action at Occupy Wall Street (November 17, 2011)
- HASA Cases Up More Than 1,200 Since Last Year (November 17, 2011)
- Housing Works Sues Phoenix House on Behalf of Transgender Brooklyn Resident (November 17, 2011)
- Video: Theater Helps People With HIV Face "Big Apple" Challenges (November 16, 2011)
- Housing Works Joins Forces With Occupy Wall Street for Reading (November 10, 2011)
- Couch Surfing Is "Adequate Shelter" Says Homeless Commish Seth Diamond (November 9, 2011)
- Secretary Clinton Calls for End to "Evidence Free" Politics in Global AIDS Speech (November 8, 2011)
- "Your Body Is a Temple": A New Study Says Black Churches Have Key to MSM Prevention (November 3, 2011)
- Gottfried "Disappointed" in Gov's Medicaid Team Over Transgender Proposal (November 3, 2011)
- In New York, Michel Sidibé Remembers Zambian AIDS Activist (October 27, 2011)
- Remembering Winstone Zulu, Zambia's Pioneering AIDS Activist (October 24, 2011)
- After Police Attack on AIDS Activist, Occupiers Demand Accountability (October 19, 2011)
- Thursday: Join Fight for AIDS Memorial Park at St. Vincent's (October 18, 2011)
- In Defense of Basic Health Care for Transgender New Yorkers (October 18, 2011)
- NYC Brokers Refuse to Work With AIDS Housing Groups (October 13, 2011)
- New Report Exposes Shortcomings at NYC Methadone Programs (October 11, 2011)
- Op-Ed: Why I Occupied Wall Street (October 6, 2011)
- Draconian CDC Cuts Will Cripple HIV Prevention in New York State (October 4, 2011)
- New York Advocates Share Personal Stories With Rep. Tonko (October 4, 2011)
- Action Alert: Tell Gov. Cuomo to Consider Transgender Medicaid Proposal (October 3, 2011)
- Video: Beyond Homelessness (October 2, 2011)
- After Long Fight, Police Commissioner Pledges to Follow Marijuana Law (September 27, 2011)
- In D.C., Housing Works Activists Join Fight For Medicaid (September 26, 2011)
- Rep. Lee Introduces Groundbreaking Anti-HIV Criminalization Bill (September 26, 2011)
- UN Official Pledges to Support LGBT, HIV-Positive Voices in Haiti (September 22, 2011)
- Message From New Orleans: AIDS Housing Advocates Call for Activist Firepower (September 21, 2011)
- Number of Single Adults in NYC Shelters Jumps 17 Percent (September 20, 2011)
- New York 911 Bill Could Push Other States to Protect Drug Users (September 19, 2011)
- Members of Congress Launch AIDS Caucus -- but Will It Have Teeth? (September 15, 2011)
- How to Save Medicaid? Get on a Bus! (September 12, 2011)
- U.S. Could (Finally) Legalize Condoms in Prisons and Jails (September 8, 2011)
- Action Alert: Tell Congress NO on Cuts to Medicaid! (September 8, 2011)
- With Housing Discrimination Rampant, One Man Struggles to Find a Home (September 1, 2011)
- Human Rights Watch: Haiti Earthquake Recovery Failing Women and Girls (August 31, 2011)
- We're Still Waiting: Mississippians Demand Comprehensive AIDS Plan (August 29, 2011)
- Real Estate Firms, Landlord Sued for Discriminating Against Disabled New Yorkers Living With AIDS (August 26, 2011)
- Freedom! Chinese AIDS Activist Tian Xi Released (August 25, 2011)
- Save the Date: World's Premiere AIDS Housing Research Summit Sept. 21-23 (August 23, 2011)
- After a Decade Apart, a Dad Tells His Daughter He Has HIV (August 18, 2011)
- Conservative Republicans Spark Next Wave of Activist Birddogging (August 17, 2011)
- Super Committee Republicans Could Jeopardize AIDS Programs (August 11, 2011)
- Who's Teaching HIV in School? 17 States Still in Dark Ages (August 10, 2011)
- Trans Actress Goes From AIDS Street Outreach to Indie Darling (August 9, 2011)
- UNAIDS: HIV Test Shouldn't Be Used in Criminal Cases (August 4, 2011)
- Goodbye Co-Pays: HIV Tests, Birth Control Will Be Free By 2013 (August 3, 2011)
- Survey Shows New NYC Policies Undermine Housing Stability (August 1, 2011)
- Rep. Lee to Introduce Anti-HIV Criminalization Bill (August 1, 2011)
- Not Today Fred! LGBT Activists Protest Gay Marriage Naysayers (July 25, 2011)
- Charles King Op-Ed: I Hate to Say I Told You So, But I Told You So (July 25, 2011)
- Cuomo Ups Punishment for Sex Workers; Signs Law to Prevent Overdose Death (July 21, 2011)
- Model AIDS Project Kicks Off in Haiti (July 19, 2011)
- In Detroit, Activists Rally to Demand Solution to Youth Homelessness (July 18, 2011)
- IAC 2012: No Progress on Visas for Drug Users or Sex Workers (July 14, 2011)
- Federal Judge Says AIDS Groups Don't Have to Oppose Sex Work (July 6, 2011)
- As Independence Arrives, AIDS Threat Looms in South Sudan (July 6, 2011)
- Video: Honoring Tracy Bumpus' Legacy (July 5, 2011)
- NYC Budget Numbers Confirmed; Supportive Housing Saved (June 28, 2011)
- NYC Council and Mayor Reach Budget Agreement; Supportive Housing, Momentum Project Restored (June 27, 2011)
- At Pride 2011, a Push for Transgender Rights (June 26, 2011)
- While You're Waiting: Could Marriage Equality Stop AIDS? (June 24, 2011)
- Remembering Tracy Bumpus, a Hero in the Battle for Transgender Rights (June 22, 2011)
- Down to the Wire, Advocates Still Fighting Mayor's Budget (June 22, 2011)
- UN Council Approves Historic Resolution on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (June 20, 2011)
- With All Eyes on NY Gay Marriage, GENDA Passes in Assembly (June 15, 2011)
- UN Declaration Fails to Recognize Housing as Treatment (June 14, 2011)
- Addressing the UN, Haitian AIDS Activist Criticizes Its Neglect of Housing, Transgender Issues (June 13, 2011)
- Video: Global AIDS Activists Take NYC by Land, Air and Sea (June 8, 2011)
- Photo Essay: For People With AIDS, a Sanctuary in Peril (June 3, 2011)
- Palma, AIDS Activists Attack Bloomberg AIDS Funding Cuts (May 31, 2011)
- Action Alert: Urge Secretary Clinton to Address Housing in Next Week's Speech to the UN (May 30, 2011)
- Haitian AIDS Activist to Address UN High Level Meeting (May 26, 2011)
- An Expert on Puerto Rican Drug Users Returns Home to Fight for Change (May 26, 2011)
- "Hypocrite" Bloomberg Supports Gay Marriage -- But Not LGBT Health (May 26, 2011)
- Action Alert: Condemn NY Post for Revealing Strauss-Kahn Victim Lives in AIDS Housing (May 18, 2011)
- A Groundbreaking Study -- And Its Housing Connection (May 17, 2011)
- Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Bill Could Return (May 16, 2011)
- ADAP Watch: AIDS Drug Wait List Jumps to 8,100 (May 16, 2011)
- Rep. Lee Calls for Status Report on National HIV/AIDS Strategy (May 16, 2011)
- Photos + Video: Shaming Bloomberg, 15,000 New Yorkers March on Wall Street (May 12, 2011)
- Mayor Bloomberg's Executive Budget Tramples on Basic Human Rights (May 10, 2011)
- Bloomberg Takes Ax to Supportive AIDS Housing Services (May 10, 2011)
- Join June 8 NYC Rally at Critical UN Meeting on HIV/AIDS (May 10, 2011)
- ELLE DECOR Modern Life Concept House (May 10, 2011)
- U.S. Senate to Consider Historic AIDS Housing Resolution (May 5, 2011)
- Action Alert: On May 12, Make Big Banks and Millionaires Pay (May 3, 2011)
- Gearing Up for Bloomberg Budget Release, Advocates Call for AIDS Funding Restoration (May 3, 2011)
- City Homeless Numbers (Surprise!) Convince No One (May 2, 2011)
- ADAP Watch: AIDS Drug Wait List Hits 7,762 (May 2, 2011)
- HIV-Positive Buffalo Man Faces Felony Charges; Positive Justice Project Urges "Rational Response" (April 27, 2011)
- Federal Judge Orders Bloomberg to Restore AIDS Funding (April 27, 2011)
- USAID Response Fails to Condemn Laws That Criminalize HIV (April 25, 2011)
- Wanna Get Intimate? Sign Here, Please. (April 21, 2011)
- Video: Wake Up and Listen! In Kansas City, AIDS Activists Call for Housing (April 20, 2011)
- Scientists Halt FEM-PrEP Study in Africa (April 18, 2011)
- Photo Essay: In Mississippi, Scarred But Strong (April 14, 2011)
- Ryan Budget Spells Disaster for Americans Living With HIV/AIDS (April 14, 2011)
- New York City Harm Reduction Programs in Peril (April 12, 2011)
- AIDS Activists Arrested Protesting Global Funding Cuts and D.C. Syringe Exchange Ban (April 11, 2011)
- Video: AIDS Activists Confront German Ambassador, "Die-in" at Four UN Missions (April 7, 2011)
- AP Misstates UN Goal of "Zero New HIV Infections" by 2015 (April 6, 2011)
- Video: AIDS Activists Occupy Mississippi Statehouse Grounds, Protesting Conditions for People With HIV (April 1, 2011)
- From Mississippi, Tales of Family Rejection and Government Neglect (March 31, 2011)
- Anti-LGBT Violence and Discrimination Rise in Post-Quake Haiti (March 30, 2011)
- Poverty! Famine! AIDS! South Park Rabble-Rousers Delve Into Ugandan AIDS Crisis (March 29, 2011)
- Video: Singing the Stones, New Yorkers Decry Bloomberg Budget (March 24, 2011)
- Déjà Vu: At Hearing, Bloomberg Administration Moves to Destroy AIDS Agency (March 24, 2011)
- Op-Ed: Condoms Bring Out the Capitol Police (March 21, 2011)
- ADAP Watch: AIDS Drug Wait List Grows to 7,372 (March 21, 2011)
- Advocates Angry Over HASA Advisory Board Delays (March 17, 2011)
- With Medicaid Decisions Near, HIV-Positive New Yorkers Make Personal Appeal (March 17, 2011)
- Housing Works Latino AIDS Exec "Comes Out"! (March 15, 2011)
- Video: New York Remembers Chloe Dzubilo, Trans Rebel With a Cause (March 14, 2011)
- ADAP Watch: AIDS Drug Wait List Grows to 7,261 (March 11, 2011)
- Video: At MoMA Show, Transgender Models Storm Runway (March 10, 2011)
- New York State Ethics Panel to Investigate Medicaid Redesign Team (March 9, 2011)
- D.C. Tumbles Backward in Effort to Combat HIV; Mayor Identifies Members of AIDS Task Force (March 8, 2011)
- Action Alert: Join the Fight to Support the Affordable Care Act and Reject Repeal Efforts (March 7, 2011)
- ADAP Watch: AIDS Drug Wait List Grows to 6,972 (March 4, 2011)
- Indecent Proposals: Three Medicaid Reforms That Would Harm the Poor (March 3, 2011)
- More IAC Trouble: Report Documents Gross Underrepresentation of At-Risk Populations (March 3, 2011)
- I Do! Three Medicaid Reform Proposals We'd Say Yes to
(March 3, 2011)
- After Five Drug-User Deaths in Puerto Rico, Activists Demand Change (March 2, 2011)
- D.C. Office Opens for International AIDS Conference 2012; Visa Questions Remain (February 28, 2011)
- Cuomo Administration Hijacks Medicaid Redesign Team Process (February 28, 2011)
- After Hasty Vote, Cautious Optimism About Medicaid Reform Proposals (February 28, 2011)
- ADAP Watch: AIDS Drug Wait List Grows to 6,704 (February 25, 2011)
- NYC's Top HIV Official Ducks Forum on Graphic AIDS Campaign (February 24, 2010)
- In Kato's Africa, USAID Money Spurred Spread of HIV Criminalization Laws (February 23, 2011)
- Activist Alert: Sign on to Demand Freedom for Chinese AIDS Activist (February 22, 2011)
- In NYC, Housing Search for the Poor Just Got Harder (February 17, 2011)
- Bloomberg Sacrifices People With AIDS in 2012 Budget (February 17, 2011)
- Chinese AIDS Activist Convicted After Speaking Out (February 17, 2011)
- Obama Budget Starves AIDS Housing Programs (February 16, 2011)
- Activist Alert: AIDS Conferences on the Horizon (February 14, 2011)
- In Time for V-Day, NYC Launches Condom Finder App (February 14, 2011)
- City Limits Explores Future of AIDS Housing Bill (February 9, 2011)
- State Medicaid Chief Apologizes for Overlooking Housing as Part of Redesign (February 9, 2011)
- NYC Health Department Takes Grisly HIV Campaign to the Subway (February 8, 2011)
- Larry Bryant Op-Ed: An Inconvenient Truth (February 7, 2011)
- At Flawed Medicaid Forum, AIDS Advocates Push for Affordable Housing (February 7, 2011)
- ADAP Watch: AIDS Drug Wait List Grows to 6,001 (February 7, 2011)
- Video: Activists in NYC Demand Justice for Uganda's David Kato (February 3, 2011)
- Mubarak's AIDS Legacy: Torture, Deportation and Arrest for HIV-Positive People (February 3, 2011)
- Cuomo's Budget Release: AIDS Institute Safe; Fate of Medicaid Uncertain; Shelter Spending Slashed (February 1, 2011)
- Bloomberg's Smoke-and-Mirrors Homeless Count Starts Tonight (January 31, 2011)
- National HIV/AIDS Strategy Tiptoes Forward (January 27, 2011)
- City Limits Exposes Bloomberg Administration's Half-Baked Welfare Data (January 25, 2011)
- New York State Ushers in New Health Commissioner (January 24, 2011)
- New York State Supreme Court Backs Law Prohibiting Transgender Discrimination (January 24, 2011)
- NYC Health Department Refuses to Pull Grisly Prevention Video (January 20, 2011)
- Can Medicaid Reform Happen in a New York Minute? (January 20, 2011)
- Op-Ed: In Mississippi, Comprehensive Sex Ed Can't Wait (January 20, 2011)
- N.C. Rep: Government Shouldn't Fund HIV Treatment for People "Living in Perverted Lifestyles" (January 13, 2011)
- Video and Photos: Haiti Earthquake Anniversary March and Rally in NYC (January 12, 2011)
- After Haiti HIV Slur, NYC's HOT 97 Makes Amends (January 11, 2011)
- Why We're Marching: A Closer Look at Hurdles Facing Haiti (January 4, 2011)
- Cuomo Reissues Order Protecting Transgender Employees, but Questions Linger (January 4, 2011)
- 2010's AIDS Heroes and Villains: Unknown Crusaders and Thorny Foes (December 22, 2010)
- Charles King Op-Ed: Shock Tactics Won't Stop HIV (December 21, 2010)
- Following On-Air Slur, Haitian Community and Allies Blast HOT 97 Outside Studio (December 21, 2010)
- Underreported: The Link Between Julian Assange and Sweden's Repressive HIV Law (December 16, 2010)
- NYC Health Dept. Defends Graphic HIV Video: "This Is Not Fabricated" (December 16, 2010)
- Republicans to the Rescue? New ADAP Bill Introduced in U.S. Senate (December 7, 2010)
- Video: Nine Arrested During World AIDS Day Bloomberg Bagel Breakfast Boycott (December 1, 2010)
- Behind the STD Cell Phone Chip: Will It Detect HIV? (November 10, 2010)
- Police Arrest Housing Works CEO Charles King, Sen. Tom Duane and Others in Protest Targeting N.Y. Governor (November 9, 2010)
- With Republicans Charging in, What Will Happen to AIDS Funding? (November 9, 2010)
- On Eve of Protest, 30 Percent Rent Cap Hangs in Balance (November 8, 2010)
- U.N. Report on Sex Workers Blasts U.S. Policies (November 7, 2010)
- Harsh Words for Architect of Obama's Global Health Policy (November 2, 2010)
- International AIDS Conference Won't Move From D.C.; Committee Taps Immigration Lawyer (November 1, 2010)
- The Secret Life: A Portrait of a Sex Worker in Haiti (October 28, 2010)
- Homeless Activists Carry Out Triple Interruption at City Council Meeting (October 27, 2010)
- In Haiti, Health Conference Gets an Emotional Start (October 21, 2010)
- Bloomberg, City Council Agree to Reduce HASA Case Manager Cuts (October 21, 2010)
- Video: Homeless Activists Disrupt Hearing; Jackson, Dilan Agree to Meeting (October 20, 2010)
- Demand That the CDC Reach Out to Transgender Youth (October 19, 2010)
- Threatened With Protest, Reid Staffer Meets With Women AIDS Advocates (October 18, 2010)
- HASA Agrees to Discuss AIDS Housing Problems; Protesters Deliver Grievances to Doar (October 14, 2010)
- Facing an Impossible Bureaucracy, HASA Clients Speak Out (October 13, 2010)
- Saying Goodbye to Abstinence-Only Funding? (October 12, 2010)
- HASA Report Downplays Egregious Delays, Growing SRO Crisis (October 6, 2010)
- Glick, Quinn and Others Continue to Decry Paterson's Rent Cap Veto (September 30, 2010)
- With AIDS Drug Access Crisis Growing, Activists Descend on White House (September 29, 2010)
- Delayed State Funding Sends Many New York AIDS Nonprofits Into Panic (September 28, 2010)
- Join Our Facebook and Twitter Campaign to Fight Paterson's Rent Cap Veto! (September 22, 2010)
- Angered by Paterson Veto, New Yorkers Protest Outside Governor's Office (September 20, 2010)
- Blasting Obama, Global AIDS Activists March by UN (September 20, 2010)
- Would Your Mom Approve? Women's Groups Give National Strategy a C+ (September 14, 2010)
- Protesting ADAP Inaction, Activists Interrupt Sebelius Luncheon (September 13, 2010)
- Obama Administration Waffles on Data Behind AIDS Strategy Goals (September 9, 2010)
- In the South, HIV Prison Discrimination Charges On (September 8, 2010)
- After a Decade, New York Passes School Anti-Bullying Law (September 6, 2010)
- A Conference for All? Travel Ban Threatens IAC 2012 (August 26, 2010)
- In New York, Needle Exchange Law a True Grassroots Victory (August 24, 2010)
- Why Is the Obama Administration Hiding the Data Behind Its AIDS Strategy? (August 24, 2010)
- Out of the Spotlight, the Quiet Spread of HIV in Haiti (August 17, 2010)
- At D.C. Candidates Forum, a Lack of Depth and Urgency (August 12, 2010)
- An Embarassing Victory: Exchanging Medicaid Dollars for Food Stamp Money (August 11, 2010)
- Action Alert: Say NO to Abstinence-Only Sex Education (August 9, 2010)
- Pelosi an AIDS Fighter? Yes. An Excuse to Not Fund ADAP? No. (August 5, 2010)
- Why I Interrupted President Obama's Speech on the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (August 4, 2010)
- Would President Wyclef Jean Make HIV/AIDS a Priority? (August 2, 2010)
- Housing Works Response and Recommendations Regarding the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (August 2, 2010)
- At IAC Closing Ceremony, a Sharp Look at U.S. Domestic Policies on HIV/AIDS (July 25, 2010)
- At Makeshift Encampment, AIDS Groups Release Pioneering Housing Report (July 22, 2010)
- IAC Takes Over Vienna Streets to Deliver Human Rights Message (July 21, 2010)
- Haiti Activists Criticize Lack of Representation on IAC AIDS Panel; Demand Action From Goosby (July 20, 2010)
- In Vienna, Long-Time Haitian AIDS Activist Sits Down With Clinton (July 19, 2010)
- IAC Satellite Meeting Demonstrates Global Power of AIDS Housing Advocacy (July 18, 2010)
- Housing Works CEO Charles King Interrupts Obama AIDS Speech, Leading to Face-to-Face Exchange (July 13, 2010)
- Housing Works Demands Answers at Press Conference on National AIDS Strategy (July 13, 2010)
- Housing Works Says Obama's AIDS Plan is "A Step Backward," Demands More Ambitious Targets (July 13, 2010)
- Youth Say It Loud: We're the Next AIDS Fighters! (July 6, 2010)
- AIDS Advocates Applaud Passage of HIV Testing Bill (July 1, 2010)
- Celebration -- and Protest -- at Pride Parade 2010 (June 28, 2010)
- Budget Details Come In: Cuts for New Yorkers With AIDS (June 28, 2010)
- Mayor Backs Down From Illegal Staff Cuts; HASA Saved (June 24, 2010)
- Serving Double Time for HIV Non-Disclosure: Can It Happen in New York? (June 23, 2010)
- Victories for Transgender Advocates; Next Up -- Passing GENDA (June 23, 2010)
- Housing Works and Co-Counsel Take Bloomberg to Court Over Proposed AIDS Services Cuts (June 22, 2010)
- Breaking News: Matt Brune, Head of HASA, Stepping Down (June 10, 2010)
- After a Chaotic Vote and Debate, a GENDA Setback (June 8, 2010)
- Action Alert: Senators Still Need Pressure to Support an Extension of Critical Medicaid Funding (June 7, 2010)
- The Highs and Lows of Rick Lazio's AIDS Record; Medicaid Plan Could Be Trouble (June 3, 2010)
- Activists Distribute Condoms in Haiti Encampment, Demand National Plan (June 2, 2010)
- HUD Official Addresses HOPWA Hot Topics, Including Immigration, in Toronto (June 2, 2010)
- Action Alert: Help Homeless AIDS Activist Get Into Housing Today (June 1, 2010)
- Policy Shift: U.S. House Recognizes Crucial Role of Housing in Fighting AIDS (May 27, 2010)
- GENDA Has Enough Votes to Pass NYS Senate; Join June 1 Lobby Day! (May 26, 2010)
- South Carolinians Rally as More Die on ADAP Waiting Lists (May 25, 2010)
- Action Alert: House Considering AIDS Housing Resolution Today! (May 24, 2010)
- GMHC Clients Rally Against Move; Hot Meals Will Not Be Discontinued (May 17, 2010)
- Activists Arrested at Massive NYC Protest Demanding Obama Fulfill Global AIDS Promises (May 13, 2010)
- Advocates Blast Bloomberg Budget; Housing Works May Sue Over HASA Cuts (May 12, 2010)
- Homeless Atlanta AIDS Activist May Get Emergency HUD Help (May 11, 2010)
- Action Alert: Tell Paterson to Keep His Promise and Sign 30 Percent Rent Cap Bill! (April 29, 2010)
- NYS Senate Passes 30 Percent Rent Cap Bill! Now On to the Governor (April 27, 2010)
- D.C. AIDS Czar Gives Strongest Support Yet to D.C. AIDS Strategy (April 27, 2010)
- Sean Strub at C2EA 5: It's Time to Hold Organizations Accountable to the Denver Principles (April 21, 2010)
- From North Carolina to Nepal, C2EA Reunion Galvanizes Activists (April 21, 2010)
- A Night Out With NYC's Thriving Needle-Exchange Peer Outreach Program (April 15, 2010)
- HRSA "Clarification" on Ryan White Legal Services Raises Yet More Questions (April 14, 2010)
- J'Mia Edwards, "Public Face of AIDS in the District" Makes a Fresh Start, Film Debut (April 14, 2010)
- White House Releases Underwhelming AIDS Strategy Report; Says It's "Monitoring" ADAP Crisis (April 11, 2010)
- AIDS Housing Advocates Say Cuomo Has a Solid Record (April 7, 2010)
- Goosby to Ask Haiti to Give Haitians With AIDS a Seat at the Table (April 6, 2010)
- Action Alert: Tell Obama He Has the Power to Eliminate ADAP Waiting Lists! (April 5, 2010)
- Haitian AIDS Activists Honored With Keith D. Cylar Awards (April 2, 2010)
- Demanding Some Hepatitis Action (April 1, 2010)
- A Young Haitian Woman Reconnects With "Home" (March 31, 2010)
- As Donors Meet to Discuss Haiti, AIDS Activists Protest UN Inaction (March 31, 2010)
- GENDA's Vote Count Keeps Looking Better (March 25, 2010)
- Campaign to End AIDS' 5 Greatest Achievements (March 23, 2010)
- Despite Bill's Flaws, AIDS Advocates Rally Around Health Care Reform (March 17, 2010)
- Spotlight on Latino Commission on AIDS President Guillermo Chacon (March 17, 2010)
- Action Alert: Tell Congress to Pass Healthcare Reform and Include ETHA! (March 15, 2010)
- Action Alert: Tell Congress You Support Permanent Fix to Ryan White Housing Policy! (February 23, 2010)
- Belly Fat Drug Debated Even Before FDA Approval (February 22, 2010)
- Regan Hofmann Has "Something to Tell You" (January 13, 2010)
- The Right Way to Break Out of Prison (January 11, 2010)
- In Wake of Syringe Exchange Ban Victory, CDC, Goosby Contemplate Future Funding (December 14, 2009)
- World AIDS Day: Washington DC Activists Arrested at Wilson Building Demanding Action on AIDS Crisis From Mayor Fenty (November 30, 2009)
- Housing Works President, Staffers Arrested on World AIDS Day at Bloomberg Breakfast (November 30, 2009)
- Discussing the Southern (HIV/AIDS) Strategy (November 19, 2009)
- Biking Transforms Lives of AIDS Housing Residents in Harlem (November 18, 2009)
- Behind the Story: David France Discusses New York Mag Aging Story; Casts Doubt on NYC HIV Statistic (November 16, 2009)
- U.S. Territories Separate and Unequal in Healthcare Reform; How You Can Help (October 28, 2009)
- CDC Approves Lifting of the HIV Travel Ban! (October 27, 2009)
- Action Alert: Tell Congress to Cut Abstinence-Only Funding! (October 14, 2009)
- At National Equality March, Equality To End AIDS Rally to Re-Engage LGBT Community (September 21, 2009)
Dozens of people living with HIV to speak at pre-march event aimed at new activists on October 10.
- Columbia to Host First NAHC Regional Meeting in October (September 11, 2009)
- CDC Hears Loud and Clear: HIV Travel Ban Should Go (August 20, 2009)
Majority of 20,000 comments to CDC support lifting travel ban; activists rally at Canadian/U.S. border.
- White House Comes to Housing Works (August 20, 2009)
Crowley meets with Housing Works clients and staff; advocates give high marks to his latest appointments.
- Ryan White Must Be Extended -- Then Fixed (August 12, 2009)
Ryan White CARE Act about to expire; GAO report highlights major flaws in legislation.
- Redial! (July 22, 2009)
This week's Ryan White and Needle Exchange Funding Action Alerts are still in effect.
- Needle-Exchange Fight Goes Global (July 21, 2009)
Activists expand demands around syringe exchange, calling on Obama to lift ban on international funding.
- Tom's Triumph: 30 Percent Rent Cap Passes Senate (July 20, 2009)
Senator Tom Duane rains fire on Republicans, secures Senate passage of rent cap for poor people with HIV.
- Syringe Exchange Ban On Way Out? (July 17, 2009)
Key vote today to lift ugly ban; advocates push against potential amendments.
- Crisis at NAPWA (July 17, 2009)
Leading activists and POZ magazine abandon ship, leaving future of only national PWA group in jeopardy.
- HOPWA Recipients' Day in Court (July 17, 2009)
Federal court to decide if HOPWA recipients can sue over 30% rent cap law.
- End the Ban of Federal Syringe Exchange Funding Today (July 14, 2009)
Contact key representatives on the appropriations committee now!
- Travel Ban on the Way Out (July 1, 2009)
Advocate pressure leads administration to begin lifting HIV travel ban; comments needed to debunk reg's wrong assumptions.
- Obama's Ugly AIDS Truth (July 1, 2009)
Housing Works CEO Charles King's speech on Obama's AIDS policies rouses conference attendees.
- Trans Justice Now! (July 1, 2009)
Hundreds gather in support of transgender rights, target HRA feet-dragging; GENDA update (or lack thereof).
- Youth Take to the Streets (July 1, 2009)
At 5th Annual Youth Action Institute, participants protest California budget cuts.
- Farewell David Hansell (June 17, 2009)
OTDA Commissioner heads to D.C.; advocates praise his efforts in New York.
- Bali White Inspires (June 15, 2009)
Comptroller Thompson bestows LGBT Pride award on transgender Housing Works staffer.
- Barred! (May 28, 2009)
Up to 60 Canadians living with HIV denied entry to U.S.; AIDS groups outraged.
- AIDS Housing Now! (May 14, 2009)
Endorse the International Declaration on Poverty, Homelessness and HIV/AIDS.
- Needling Obama (May 14, 2009)
Prez punts on needle exchange ban; advocates look to Congress for action.
- Stretching the Scraps (May 14, 2009)
Advocates applaud CDC's plan to use inadequate HIV funding boost but deplore flat-funding for hep C prevention.
- AIDSWatching the White House (May 1, 2009)
Hundreds hit DC for AIDSWatch; advocates growing impatient with Obama.
- Failure of Principles? (May 1, 2009)
NAPWA board refuses to boot pharma; advocates question organization's relevance.
- Action Alert: Help Restore Critical Funding for New York City AIDS Services (May 1, 2009)
Tell DHS to use stimulus dollars for HIV services.
- No Time for Black Gay Men? (April 23, 2009)
CDC's African-Americans AIDS campaign shows promise, but questions remain about outreach to black gay men.
- What Are You Waiting For? (April 23, 2009)
Rally in D.C. Monday to kick off AIDSWatch 2009!
- Action Alert: Tell Your Senator to Co-Sponsor ETHA! (April 16, 2009)
Schumer and Gillibrand are in; more cosponsors needed.
- Sign Up for AIDS Housing Summit! (April 16, 2009)
Register early for the Housing Research Summit featuring Jeffrey Crowley and Stephen Lewis.
- Five Minutes With Jeff Crowley (April 2, 2009)
White House AIDS Czar says no National AIDS Strategy by Obama's 100th day in office, questions if ETHA goes far enough.
- AAIMing For More (April 2, 2009)
4th Annual Mississippi AIDS summit broadens focus to Southern region.
- A Test for Prisons (March 19, 2009)
AIDS prison bill lacks informed consent; more needed for federal prisons
- D.C. in Distress (March 19, 2009)
In wake of alarming stats, activists demand D.C. prioritize AIDS epidemic
- Sign Up Now For AIDS Housing Summit June 3-5 in D.C.! (March 19, 2009)
Former UN official Steven Lewis will be lead speaker; scholarship applications due March 26
- Meet Me at the White House (March 12, 2009)
New head of national AIDS policy sheds light on needle exchange, national AIDS strategy at historic meeting with activists
- Crowley's a Hit! (February 26, 2009)
Obama makes "phenomenal" pick to oversee AIDS policy -- but Crowley can't do it alone.
- Where Are the Black Gay Men? (February 19, 2009)
Even on Black AIDS Awareness Day, black gay men remain on the margins.
- Attention Mississippi State Senate (February 19, 2009)
Sex ed bill good start, sex offenders bill a disaster.
- Exchange We Can Believe In (February 19, 2009)
Advocates try to prove to Dems they have votes to end ban on syringe exchange.
- Action Alert: Sign On to Include LGBT Health in Obama's Health Care Reforms! (February 10, 2009)
Sign on to principles by February 20!
- Tell Obama to Lift the Federal Ban on Syringe Exchange! (February 3, 2009)
- Congratulate Obama ... (January 19, 2009)
... And remind him of his commitment to a National AIDS Strategy!
- AIDS Criminals (January 15, 2009)
What to know about arrests in Iran, Senegal; what you can do to help.
- Phoning It In (January 15, 2009)
Obama's AIDS conference call conference short on new ideas, voices.
- CDC Shake-Up Could Be Good for AIDS Prevention (January 14, 2009)
With Gerberding out, the CDC can return to public health.
- Obama Hearts NY (December 16, 2008)
Advocates optimistic about latest prospective Obama appointees.
- For the Picking (December 11, 2008)
Advocates have ideas for who and what is needed for Obama's AIDS picks.
- Celebs, Pols to Join Housing Works' 24-Hour December 1 Vigil (November 24, 2008)
Pop band Hanson, Miss New York, Comptroller Thompson to participate.
- Obama Inaugurated (by AIDS Activists)! (November 21, 2008)
AIDS activists hold faux swearing-in to remind Obama of his promises.
- Daschle's AIDS Record (November 21, 2008)
Obama's HHS pick has solid committment to HIV/AIDS.
- 100 Days to Fight AIDS (November 13, 2008)
Join protest in D.C. next Thursday, Nov 20; free buses from NY, Philly.
- Celebrate -- and Keep Fighting (November 6, 2008)
- Address AIDS? Yes We Can! (November 6, 2008)
An Obama administration could bring meaningful AIDS policy changes.
- Best Evidence Yet (October 30, 2008)
Large-scale CDC study shows homeless people with HIV/AIDS more likely to engage in behavior that leads to HIV transmission.
- A Harlem Renaissance (October 23, 2008)
After 17 Years, Stand Up Harlem Houses opens despite years of obstacles.
- Puerto Rico Pains (October 23, 2008)
Recent report highlights past Puerto Rico problems, which haven't gotten much better.
- No Deadline, No AIDS Strategy? (October 23, 2008)
Grassroots advocate disappointed timeline not included in NAS framework.
- Gene Copello, 1959-2008 (October 9, 2008)
AIDS community mourns passing of pioneering Washington, D.C., advocate.
- More Questions on Managed Care (October 9, 2008)
Consumer meeting on Medicaid managed care leaves many skeptical.
- Cutting Edge Coalition? (October 9, 2008)
New group forms to protect poor from budget cuts; many CBOs wary.
- Dying in Oxford (October 3, 2008)
Stand Against AIDS caps off with somber funeral; the inside scoop on why McCain committed to a National AIDS Strategy.
- AIDS Cuts = Death (October 3, 2008)
Advocates outraged by projected cuts to services in City and State.
- Time to Keep Our Eye on the Prize: Universal Health Care (October 3, 2008)
- Don't Wait Until 2012 to Reauthorize RW (September 18, 2008)
An op-ed by Christine Campbell, Housing Works Vice President of National Advocacy and Organizing.
- East Coast Stands Against AIDS (September 18, 2008)
In New York, Mississippi, and New England massive AIDS advocacy effort to demand national AIDS strategy underway.
- Ryan White "Care Coordination" Raises Eyebrows (September 18, 2008)
New NYC DOH Ryan White plan favors hospitals over CBOs and duplicates COBRA services; advocates outraged.
- Puerto Rico's Other Half (September 18, 2008)
Harm reduction advocates struggle to reach drug users, who account for half of PR's yearly HIV infections.
- Don't Wait Until 2012 to Reauthorize RW (September 18, 2008)
An op-ed by Christine Campbell, Housing Works Vice President of National Advocacy and Organizing.
- Action Alert: Tell Your Reps to Pressure HHS! (August 29, 2008)
Still more work needed to allow PWHAs to come to U.S.
- Change From Chicago (August 29, 2008)
Wallace will lead Chicago caravan to Mississippi.
- Up, Up, Up (August 29, 2008)
NYC reports higher infection numbers; CDC cuts back on state testing funds.
- In the Fast Lane (August 22, 2008)
East Gulf caravan leader Quintara Lane speaks out.
- No AIDS Love at Saddleback (August 22, 2008)
Despite promise, Rick Warren didn't press presidential candidates on AIDS.
- Olympian Activist (August 15, 2008)
Wary of Olympic crackdown, Chinese AIDS activist Li Dan comes to U.S.
- Housing Advocates Rock the IAC (August 8, 2008)
IAC activists flunk the CDC; call for a national AIDS strategy.
- Disinvited (July 25, 2008)
Op-ed by Charles King, Housing Works president and CEO, published in Gay City News and El Diario.
- Passed PEPFAR (July 18, 2008)
Senate approves $48 billion for global health; repeals immigration ban; some prevention problems.
- Civil Liberties and Justice for AAIM (July 18, 2008)
AAIM honored by ACLU.
- Action Alert: Strengthen the Americans With Disabilities Act! (July 18, 2008)
Sign on to amendments support letter by July 22.
- Finding Solidarity in Haiti (July 18, 2008)
First gay rights group outside the capital is formed.
- HOPWA Hurdles (July 18, 2008)
HOPWA may get budget boost -- but adequate funding nowhere in sight.
- Action Alert: Tell Senators To Keep PEPFAR Moving! (July 11, 2008)
$50 billion needed to fight AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria.
- Helms' Horrid Legacy (July 11, 2008)
Former senator's damage won't be undone by his death.
- Getting the NAHC of It (July 11, 2008)
Become a card-carrying member of the National AIDS Housing Coalition!
- Proud to Stand Against AIDS (July 3, 2008)
At NYC Pride, activists demand next president create national AIDS strategy, mobilize against city budget.
- New Activists in New Mexico (July 3, 2008)
Outstanding youth gather in Albuquerque for hardcore advocacy training.
- Testifying to the Transgender Experience (July 3, 2008)
Congress holds first-ever hearing on trans discrimination.
- Ups and Downs for Federal Funding (June 27, 2008)
CMS regs holding; possible money for AIDS strategy still in the donut hole.
- Now or Never! (June 20, 2008)
Come to D.C. on June 26 to demand passage of $50 billion to fight global AIDS -- or pick up the phone and raise hell!
- You Better Work (June 20, 2008)
AIDS activists band together to shame Senate into voting on PEPFAR reauthorization; Obama, McCain sign as cosponsors.
- PEPFAR's Final Hurdle (June 13, 2008)
McCain says he'll "look into" senators stalling PEPFAR; activists scrambling to save $50 billion AIDS bill need your help.
- Action Alert: Demand Congress Use Wasteful Abstinence-Only Dollars for Cost-Saving Medicare Fix! (June 13, 2008)
Senate wants to fund abstinence-only at the expense of poor people with AIDS; time to call your senator and demand a swap!
- Shooting Back (June 13, 2008)
Thai activists unite with harm reduction advocates to demand Thailand stop the drug war.
- Speaking Up (May 30, 2008)
Ryan White town halls hit NYC.
- Suiting Up (May 23, 2008)
Justice department investigates potential discrimination lawsuit against Alabama RV park that denied toddler.
- Denied (May 16, 2008)
AIDS denialists disinvited from Congressional hearing -- but get indirect endorsement from Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee.
- Puerto Rico Politics Update (May 16, 2008)
Gubernatorial candidate Fortuño demands answers on AIDS; HRSA blows off Clinton inquiry.
- Keeping the "Care" in Carolina (May 16, 2008)
South Carolina backs up its commitment to ADAP; U.S. Congress considers cost-saving "ADAP as TrOOP".
- Prevention in Peril (May 16, 2008)
Advocates -- and CDC director Julie Gerberding -- are getting louder about the woeful state of HIV prevention.
- AIDS Housing Goes Global (May 8, 2008)
Satellite conference at IAC to address housing, poverty.
- Protesting Puerto Rico's Crisis (May 2, 2008)
Charges against "Broadway 12" dropped but Puerto Rico AIDS scandal grows.
- Planning to End AIDS (May 2, 2008)
AIDSWatch highlights need for national AIDS strategy.
- Long Island Gets What it Deserves (May 2, 2008)
Appeals Court rules Long Island unfairly robbed of $1.6 million in AIDS funds.
- Say No to Thailand's Drug War (May 2, 2008)
Join activists on May 6 in D.C. to protest Thai drug crackdown that threatens people with HIV.
- The Awardees Have Spoken (April 25, 2008)
Five activist heroes honored at the fourth annual Keith D. Cylar AIDS Activist Awards and Benefit Gala.
- Words of Wisdom (April 11, 2008)
Civil Rights legend James Meredith lends his voice to Mississippi's upcoming Stand Against AIDS.
- Tracking Changes (April 4, 2008)
The recent CDC studies on new infections confused everyone -- and showed, once again, the lack of reliable incidence data.
- Third Time's the Charm (April 4, 2008)
Dozens of Mississippians living with HIV gather at historic state summit on AIDS.
- Hatchet Job (March 21, 2008)
Senate Republicans propose cuts to disabled kids and job training, foul up Medicaid reform.
- Bye-Bye Ban? (March 21, 2008)
PEPFAR isn't perfect, but it could be the means to nix the U.S.'s reviled ban on HIV-positive travelers and immigrants.
- Action Alert: Avert a COBRA Calamity! (March 21, 2008)
$4 million rate increase for COBRA is dead -- contact Gottfried to make sure an increase occurs.
- Now Is the Time ... (March 14, 2008)
to apply for the Youth Action Institute!
- Action Alert: Ask Your Reps to Boost HOPWA Funding! (March 14, 2008)
$470 million needed to provide housing for poor people living with HIV/AIDS.
- Studies Show ... Housing Works! (March 7, 2008)
New data from two major studies shows housing for poor people with HIV/AIDS saves lives and money.
- If at First You Don't Succeed ... (March 7, 2008)
Try, try again to get ETHA passed by contacting your senators today!
- Action Alert! Stop the HRSA Housing Policy Amendment (March 4, 2008)
Contact your congressional representative TODAY and voice your opposition to this destructive policy.
- Keith D. Cylar Awards Announced (February 22, 2008)
Three outstanding activists to be honored with Keith D. Cylar AIDS Activist Awards on April 17.
- Thai-Ing to Change the System (February 22, 2008)
U.S. advocates join call for Thailand to stand up to PhRMA and continue life-saving generic drug program.
- Heavy Lifting (February 15, 2008)
As needle-exchange proponents celebrate victory in D.C., momentum builds to lift federal ban.
- Good Fortuño? (February 15, 2008)
Bill a start, but much more to be done.
- Lantos' Legacy (February 15, 2008)
AIDS advocates mourn Rep. Tom Lantos, vow to continue fight for PEPFAR.
- Show Us the Money (February 8, 2008)
Communities of Color funding still MIA, giving groups little time to spend critical HIV prevention and education dollars.
- Lame Duck, Lame Budget (February 8, 2008)
No good news for domestic AIDS funding in Bush's FY09 budget proposal -- will Congress do better?
- Talking About Dem AIDS (January 25, 2008)
- Good Step for Generics (January 25, 2008)
- Demand Spine on the Stimulus (January 25, 2008)
- The Price Isn't Right (January 25, 2008)
- Rallying the Candidates: Activists Head to S.C. to Remind Prez Candidates to Focus on AIDS (January 18, 2008)
- California Cutting: Across-the-Board Cuts Hit HIV/AIDS Funding in California (January 18, 2008)
- Time for Microbicide Development: Advocates Think Now Is the Time to Pass the Long-Awaited Microbicide Development Act (January 18, 2008)
- Tough as Granite: AIDS Bird-Doggers Get in Prez Candidates' Faces Before New Hampshire Primary (January 11, 2008)
- End of an Era: After 20 years of Leading the NBLCA, Debra Fraser-Howze Steps Down (January 11, 2008)
- Another Battle for Vets: Veterans Routinely Struggle With Homelessness and Mental Illness; Experts Say HIV May Not Be Far Behind (January 4, 2008)
- Next Stop, New Hampshire: Iowa Was Fertile Ground for AIDS Activists, Who Are Hoping for Similar Success in the Granite State (January 4, 2008)
- Point, Counterpoint: Two Respected Health Care Advocates Offer Different Perspectives on How New York State Can Expand Health Care Coverage (January 4, 2008)
- HIV and Travel: 600 Groups and Individuals Respond to the Feds' Call for Comments on Policy Barring People With HIV From U.S. (January 4, 2008)
- AIDS Is Not Over: Hundreds Gather for Housing Works 24-hour Reading of the Names Vigil (December 7, 2007)
- Fix the Fix, Ban the Ban: One Week Left to Urge DHS to Drop Its Nonsensical Changes to the Ban on HIV-Positive Travelers and Immigrants (November 30, 2007)
- Your Little Will Do a Lot: Donate Goods to Victims of Tropical Storm Noel in Haiti and the Dominican Republic (November 13, 2007)
- November 16, 2007
- October 26, 2007
- October 19, 2007
- September 28, 2007
- September 14, 2007
- August 3, 2007
- July 6, 2007
- June 29, 2007
- December 8, 2006
- November 17, 2006
- Sanders Meeting With HIV/AIDS Advocates Cancelled (May 9, 2016)
- AIDS Activists Rally at the Capitol: An AIDS-Free NY Is Within Our Reach! (March 4, 2015)
- Designers, Celebrities and Models Make Fashion for Action, New York's Hottest Fall Fashion Charity Event (November 13, 2014)
- Housing and HIV: Hold on to HUD! (July 23, 2013)
- 32 Activists Arrested Protesting the Ban on U.S. Federal Funding Syringe Exchange Programs (March 21, 2012)
As part of a national day of action, AIDS activists demand congress lifts federal funding ban on syringe exchange (again).
- NYC and Housing Works Launch re-fashioNYC (May 25, 2011)
- Haitian AIDS Official Declares Haiti's Epidemic Under Control; Grassroots Activists Balk (July 23, 2010)
- The UN Responds to Calls for Haiti AIDS Strategy, but Activists Are Skeptical (March 2, 2010)
A blog entry by Charles King.
- UN and UNAIDS Must Address Needs of Haitians With HIV/AIDS (March 1, 2010)
A blog entry by Charles King.
- Housing Works CEO Charles King Goes Under the Knife for Haiti Charity Event (February 4, 2010)
Saddleback's Rick Warren starts bidding to snip off King's ponytail at $1,000, asks "What will you do?"
- Health Care Need in Haiti (February 2010)
Volunteer doctors and nurses are needed to help staff three clinics in Haiti through April 30, 2010.
To read PDF, click here.
- Housing Works and Other NYC AIDS Groups Launch Campaign to Help AIDS and Family Clinics in Haiti (January 21, 2010)
Volunteer doctors, nurses and donations of food, water and supplies badly needed.
- Housing Works Mourns the Loss of Longtime Activist Dennis DeLeon (December 14, 2009)
- Action Alert: Easy Steps to Impact U.S. HIV/AIDS Policy! (August 20, 2009)
Sign petitions in support of a public health plan, syringe exchange ban repeal and RW reauthorization.
- Border Patrol (August 13, 2009)
Hundreds of people to rally in Canada, U.S. this Sunday to call for end to U.S. travel and immigration ban.
- Twenty-Six AIDS Activists Shut Down U.S. Capitol (July 9, 2009)
Capitol demo brings worldwide attention to Obama inaction on AIDS Housing, global AIDS efforts and needle exchange.
- Sound the Alarm: HIV Is Not In Recession (July 7, 2009)
Clean needles work. Housing saves lives. Fight global AIDS.
- HIV-Positive Activists and Allies Confront DC Government to Demand a Massive Scale-Up of Resources to Address DC's HIV Emergency (March 18, 2009)
- National HIV & AIDS Strategy: 50-Day Obama Report Card (PDF) (March 2, 2009)
A report card on Obama's response to the HIV epidemic in the U.S.
- Yes They Did (January 22, 2009)
Housing Works Staff and Clients Join Millions in D.C., Call for President to Start National AIDS Strategy
- Housing Works Responds to NYC DOH Report on Annual HIV Incidence With Demand to Restore AIDS Funding Cuts (August 27, 2008)
- "Stand Against AIDS" Roadtrip and March in September Will Demand National AIDS Strategy From Next President (August 13, 2008)
Eight cross-country activist caravans headed to September 26 presidential debate in Oxford, Mississippi; "walking" caravaners to march 172 miles from Jackson to Oxford.
- C2EA Activists Caravaning to S.C. to Demand Presidential Leadership on HIV/AIDS at Candidate Debates (January 10, 2008)
"Rally to End AIDS" will urge Democratic contenders to amplify their plans to end HIV/AIDS domestically and globally.
- AIDS Activists Plan "Family Reunion" at Alabama RV Park That Banned HIV-Positive 2-Year-Old From Pool (August 15, 2007)
More than 100 people with HIV traveling from across U.S. to participate; RV park owner at center of controversy says activists welcome.
- Get in on the Action: This Summer's Youth Action Institute Is Now Accepting Applications From Budding AIDS Activists (April 26, 2007)
- Street Party: ACT UP Celebrates Its 20th Anniversary With a Raucously Successful Springtime Demo (Plus Miss America Is There!) (March 30, 2007)
- Special Update Action Alert: House of Representatives Double Whammy Phone-Zap! (March 13, 2007)
- Recipients of the Housing Works Third-Annual Keith D. Cylar AIDS Activist Awards Announced (February 12, 2007)
- One Call to Save Lives: Call South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford Today, Monday December 11 (December 11, 2006)
- Over a Dozen AIDS Activists Block Rush Hour Traffic in Front of U.S. Consulate During International AIDS Conference (August 16, 2006)
Demand universal access for all people living with AIDS.
- Presidential Candidates Polled on AIDS-Related Policy Positions (January 22, 2004)
To read PDF, click here.
- World AIDS Day Marks Launch of AIDSVote.org (December 1, 2003)
- Housing Works Surveys AIDS Groups on Impact of September 11 Attacks and Bare-Bone State Budget (November 5, 2001)
- Housing Works World AIDS Day Memorial Moves in Harlem on Saturday, December 1 (October 28, 2001)