The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: was outed by my friend to everyone
      04/21/13 09:06 AM

I am so sorry this has happened to you. There is very little you can do about the uninformed and stupid in the world.

My advice for you. Hold your head up and stare them right in the eye. For your little ones. Assure them that this has nothing to do with them, and that just their friends mommies are the ones that have the problems. Give them some extra attention and see if you can arrange things for them to do outside the apartment complex. It's not fair to them and I know how your heart breaks for them being caught in the middle. The plus side is that kids are resilient and get over a lot of bumps and bruises along the way.

Many years ago, my son's girlfriend's mother found out I had HIV. Instead of calling me about it, she called the ex and insisted the boy have a HIV test. The ex called me. He by the way, found out when my daughter told him. That was a fun phone called, which started out...."You have AIDS??????" and ended with a veiled threat to try to take full custody, which never did materialize.

Anyway I called her. I admit, I really enjoyed the embarrassment I caused her. I asked her why she couldn't have brought her concerns directly to me....like I didn't know. I explained that HIV isn't transmitted via casual contact, yada, yada, yada. I did have the child tested so as not to screw up his relationship with the girl. THANK GOD when they broke up, she would have made a miserable daughter-in-law, unlike the one I have. :-)

We lived in a small town and as with anywhere there was gossip. I learned a few years after my kids were out of school that they sometimes had problems with other kids in the school. They handled it.

It's horrible that you have to go through this. It won't be the end of the world. Time will pass and small minds will run to the next 'scandal'.

Keep your chin up and hug those kids!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* was outed by my friend to everyone red98 04/20/13 07:10 PM
. * Re: was outed by my friend to everyone cybersecretary   08/30/13 03:01 AM
. * Re: was outed by my friend to everyone Hastannow   10/16/14 03:37 AM
. * Re: was outed by my friend to everyone anotherday   10/17/14 10:36 PM
. * Re: was outed by my friend to everyone crabmanModerator   10/16/14 09:40 AM
. * Re: was outed by my friend to everyone karmachi   07/17/13 04:53 PM
. * Re: was outed by my friend to everyone riverprincessModerator   04/23/13 10:18 AM
. * Re: was outed by my friend to everyone crabmanModerator   04/21/13 09:06 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3430

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3