Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

LivingPoz

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Florida
Re: Disclosure
      11/24/12 01:31 PM

Hi, I agree with BrianM if he hasn't responded yet he won't. I'm pretty much in the same situation. When I was diagnosed I was with my boyfriend who later became my husband. He's negative and accepted me from the beginning, but that's because he already had feelings for me plus he had a friend how died of aids so he had experience with it. Now, 13 yrs later I divorced and am back at dating. Is all about trial and error to see what works for you. I think that you should have waited to tell him in person text is just too impersonal plus they deserve better. Also, wait at least 2 or 3 dates to see if he's the kind of person that could handle it also you could have the greatest chemistry via text/email but once you meet it could be a whole different story. So, next time wait and see how it works. I'm dating someone now, and I told him on our 3rd date mostly because he had stolen a kiss on the date before and on the 3rd the chemistry was overwhelming. So, I told him with a smile, I told him my story told him to ask me any questions. I also told him that he didn't have to make any decisions and to please be honest and not be afraid to hurt my feelings, that I would understand if he didn't want to take this any further. Luckily he's an educated man, and gave a french kiss before we left the place. It has been 3 months, we are still just dating. He's still processing, I think and he's going to get tested soon, so after that I think he'll be better. We have great sex but I think he's still a little hesitant. But only time will tell. So, we just need to be more patient than others.

Also, the best advice a teacher of mine gave me is that they are not rejecting you, they are rejecting the virus which doesn't define you. YOU are more than it and we deserve to be loved just like anyone else. You'll find someone just be patient, we are all in the same boat. Good luck!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Disclosure MzAnonyMs 11/06/12 08:52 PM
. * Re: Disclosure riverprincessModerator   01/31/13 07:15 PM
. * Re: Disclosure MzLiz   01/31/13 02:11 PM
. * Re: Disclosure LivingPoz   11/24/12 01:31 PM
. * Re: Disclosure RevAnn   02/06/13 12:14 PM
. * Re: Disclosure denise03   11/23/12 06:06 PM
. * Re: Disclosure BrianM   11/21/12 08:40 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3133

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3