The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

BrianM

Reged: 06/21/07
Re: Disclosure
      11/21/12 08:40 PM

You probably have moved on from this given the number of weeks it has been. But I wanted to reply anyways. I have dated several people while being positive, and I have to say consistently that they either accept it or they don't, up front and immediately. It takes a certain personality and life open-mindedness, which I have found simply do not flip like a light switch overnight. Hesitation in this respect tends to carry over to other parts of life and choices of who to be around. I hate to sound fatalistic about it, but sincerely, I would let it go and move on. It doesn't do us any favors emotionally to hang around by a thread while somebody else is juggling his desire to be with you with his desire to fulfill a perfect idealistic involvement free of illness and risk. Even if a person is slightly or mostly okay with it, would we want to be with someone who accepts us only 50%, 75%, of the way? Why should we be the one to prove our worth and value in a relationship? If the person is a right fit, he and you will see the value in each other through other measures of intimacy and attraction, not via the status of your blood work. If I am totally off base on this and things have turned out magically, please let me know so that I can correct my own hopes and dreams. =)

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Disclosure MzAnonyMs 11/06/12 08:52 PM
. * Re: Disclosure riverprincessModerator   01/31/13 07:15 PM
. * Re: Disclosure MzLiz   01/31/13 02:11 PM
. * Re: Disclosure LivingPoz   11/24/12 01:31 PM
. * Re: Disclosure RevAnn   02/06/13 12:14 PM
. * Re: Disclosure denise03   11/23/12 06:06 PM
. * Re: Disclosure BrianM   11/21/12 08:40 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3521

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3