Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

redheadmom
New User

Reged: 10/11/12
Loc: Washington D.C.
Would you want to know?
      10/11/12 04:18 PM

A little quick background. I got diagnosed two days ago. I know that isnt enough time to process everything but there is one thing I feel like I should know....HOW!!!
Ive been in a committed relationship with my husband for 4 years now. I had a test last year (and so did he) that came back neg (his too). Now this year I am pos (awaiting his results). I can 100% say I have not been with anyone else in the time we have been together, nor have I used IV drugs. I have had two surgeries and 3 hospital stays between Aug 2011 and now. One of the hospital stays in Aug 2011 is when I had the HIV test done (and not just the rapid test or the baseline pos/neg test, but the CD4 and viral load). My husband was with me when I was given the news and from the moment I was told he said "nothing has changed, I still love you and Im not going anywhere" the other thing he kept repeating is "it doesnt matter how it happened its happened and it doesnt change the way I feel about you or us." and "Dont waste your energy trying to pin point a timeline, it will only drive you crazy". He opted to be tested the same day I found out and seems pretty convinced he will be positive as well. My question is would you want to know if it came from him? Or at this time does it not matter whats done is done? Now of course if he tests neg then this is a moot point, but would you want to know? Also how long can you have it and have numerous neg. tests?
Any advice would be great.
Thank you!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Would you want to know? redheadmom 10/11/12 04:18 PM
. * Re: Would you want to know? Ofteemontly   10/16/14 03:18 AM
. * Re: Would you want to know? day1   08/08/13 09:30 AM
. * Re: Would you want to know? dreams123   10/15/12 09:31 PM
. * Re: Would you want to know? riverprincessModerator   10/12/12 08:08 PM
. * Re: Would you want to know? Bensgirlfriend2   10/12/12 10:44 AM
. * Re: Would you want to know? kicker   10/11/12 05:36 PM
. * Re: Would you want to know? JustAnn   11/02/12 12:56 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4147

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3