Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: getting older and living with HIV
      01/24/12 07:14 PM

I am pre-menopausal and I still get night sweats. Have you tried joining a local gym? It's not so much the meds causing you to gain but either way a exercise ( I know yuck ) will help out.Is there a local YMCA that you can go swiminat, that is great to help control , or a stationary bike while you watch tv. Just trying to throw out suggestions. I wish you could give some to me,lol I wouldn't refuse it. I got to take tushi cushions to concert events lol . I was thinking of those Fredrick of Holywood padded panties lol. Remember that company ?!. But seriously , don't fret over your weight gain, I know how our weight can bother us but it's whats inside that counts. I look at how my face has changed and walk away from the mirror saying yuck . But how we see ourselves isn't how others do . We are our worst critics. And be careful what other meds you take for the menopause. We got to be careful about any meds that we take now. I'm even careful about cold medicine, I learned the hard way, boy did it make me ill once. The most I'm doing for my cold is cough drops and a decongestant cough medicine. Do you keep yourself busy, still working and such? I just do temp work now . I put in 50 hours a month , which is just under what disability allows. And have started going back to the gym to try to build up whatever I can , plus it just will make me feel better if nothing else. Staying active in any form, whether physical or mental is the key. Hey we're still young with alot to offer.And I plan to offer it no matter what! oh you can pm if you like.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* getting older and living with HIV nanma3 01/23/12 06:37 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV cybersecretary   05/01/13 11:30 AM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV riverprincessModerator   05/02/13 08:12 AM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV blueagave10   01/20/13 08:43 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV sallyjoseph   01/11/13 01:15 AM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV riverprincessModerator   01/23/12 07:42 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV nanma3   01/24/12 03:49 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV riverprincessModerator   01/24/12 07:14 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV nanma3   01/30/12 03:23 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV riverprincessModerator   01/30/12 07:07 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4439

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3