Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: getting older and living with HIV
      01/23/12 07:42 PM

FINALLY a woman I can really talk with !!! So nice to meet you nanma. I have been on meds for 17 years and am 53 and proud of it. The age that is. I got to say in most part I'm doing ok. Sure I get nervous especiall when I read that 15 years of meds will actually age your body 20 more years. But I have been having tests done to see if it is really so. My bone density came back great. My back has always been a pain in the butt lol. Butfor me the hardest was the liptrophy ,( facial thinning ) and lipodystrophy, losing muscle mass. That is where I see the body changes. But from what I see now with the change of the "coctail" that doesn't happen much. Funny part is people just think my being thin is genetic and the leg muscles that show are from working out lol . But the one thing that does bother me is that my ass fell off some where and I haven't been able to find it. But seriously when I'm tired , stressed or upset it shows all in my face. But hubby still says I'm beautiful and wishes I would walk about naked or even half so . So beauty is truly in the eyes of the beholder and what woman isn't critical about how she looks.
Are you on meds? If so what are you on and how long have you been on them?

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* getting older and living with HIV nanma3 01/23/12 06:37 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV cybersecretary   05/01/13 11:30 AM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV riverprincessModerator   05/02/13 08:12 AM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV blueagave10   01/20/13 08:43 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV sallyjoseph   01/11/13 01:15 AM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV riverprincessModerator   01/23/12 07:42 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV nanma3   01/24/12 03:49 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV riverprincessModerator   01/24/12 07:14 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV nanma3   01/30/12 03:23 PM
. * Re: getting older and living with HIV riverprincessModerator   01/30/12 07:07 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4287

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3