The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Anonymous
Unregistered

Please Help--Duped By Husband
      10/12/06 09:20 PM

Hi, I posted this several weeks ago in response to another posting but got no responses....or else I don't know how to find the responses. I'm in desperate need of someone to talk to about my situation, please help! Thanks.
I, too married an HIV positive man who did not tell me and now I am infected also. He went to great lengths to deceive me, even faking a test when we first met (he was in the medical field), and lying about why he was becoming ill (he went off his meds so that I would not discover them). It was devastating to know that someone I had loved and trusted had gone to such lengths to deceive me and intentionally make me ill.

I found out 3 years ago, immediately got tested & got the news. I tried marriage counseling with him, but the damage was irrevocable. We are now separated & I am filing for divorce. I also live in Georgia where I understand that what he did to me is a crime. I only want to get out of this marriage uncontested & that is my leverage to do so (he doesn't want a divorce). I am also terrified that he is out there doing this to other women, but I am not sure what I can do about it? Would I need to alert authorities somewhere that he is capable of this? Could he sue me for doing so? If so, I would have to press charges against him, right?

I would ask the one poster not to jump to conclusions and judgments about people. In my case, I was not jus trusting, I followed the correct path (testing first, etc.) but was lied to by someone who was able to fake his status. His family did not tell me, they all let me knowingly walk into this nightmare. No one that knows me is aware of my story; my family, friends and co-workers have no idea of my status. I feel that I will never again be able to have a relationship with anyone; I have no idea how to go about meeting men that won't shun me when they find out. I am still a relatively young woman, but I feel a relationship will never happen for me again. This website and message board is a lifeline! If anyone has any suggestions for me, please share. I am a 50 year old black female living in Atlanta.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Please Help--Duped By Husband Anonymous 10/12/06 09:20 PM
. * Re: Please Help--Duped By Husband Anonymous   11/12/06 12:01 PM
. * Re: Please Help--Duped By Husband Choosing2Liv   10/13/06 09:37 AM
. * Re: Please Help--Duped By Husband RevAnn   10/12/06 11:02 PM
. * Re: Please Help--Duped By Husband lost2007   04/09/07 08:01 PM
. * Re: Please Help--Duped By Husband Anonymous   10/13/06 05:41 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4476

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3