Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Scared
Unregistered

Too afraid to get tested
      04/02/00 11:13 PM

I need someone to help me,by giving an HONEST opinion. Before I go any further, please, do NOT say "Get tested". I simply can not! I get ill just thinking about it. Here is my scenario...over 13 years ago, I had an affair (one night deal) with a man. A few weeks later I became very sick (flu like). Since that time, I have worried EVERY DAY that I may be HIV+. I have no reason to believe this man was infected, but I just think WHAT IF he was, and WHAT IF my "flu" after our affair was no coincidence. HE appears to be in good health, as does his wife, and my husband. (I am assuming that if we were to become infected, so would our partners). Of course this was in 1987 when there wasnt alot made over hetrosexual aids so I didnt really think anything about it at the time. My questions are these. 1. What is the liklihood that 4 people could be HIV+ after 13 years or more (assuming if he WAS HIV+ I have no idea to know HOW LONG prior to meeting me) and not be ill???? 2. My husband and I both had recent bloodwork done (CBC's and some sort of profile). After 13 years, wouldnt SOMETHING show up in that bloodwork that would be suspicious, thereby causing doctor to think about possibility of AIDS? I know that many are going to say GET TESTED...I simply can not..I am violently ill as a write this just thinking about it. I guess what I am asking here is for someone to put my mind at ease and tell me its the GUILT, that is driving me crazy and that the chances of HIV are low. OPINIONS..please!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Too afraid to get tested Scared 04/02/00 11:13 PM
. * I had the same fears as you Chichi   04/02/00 11:17 PM
. * Donating blood Anonymous   04/02/00 11:16 PM
. * Re: Donating blood Gordon   04/02/00 11:17 PM
. * Getting tested is the only way you will know Gloria   04/02/00 11:15 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4542

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3