Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

sage

Reged: 04/15/05
Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV
      05/29/05 03:43 PM

I found out a year and a half ago, I was so scared about loosing my job, becoming unemployed and not making enough money to support myself or daughter. I understand how you feel about being the odd person out in support groups, I feel the same way when I go. I have been a professional for 7 years and have had none of the big risk factors. In the last few months, I disclosed to my boss(mainly because of increased sick days as I ajusted to the meds) and she has been very supportive. I thought my family would have been disapointed, but they surprised me and it has actually brought us closer. It is scary and your allowed to feel scared. I am sure all of us have at the beginning and even from now and then. I wish you the best of luck and if you need to chat privately, let me know, we all need as much positive support that we can get.
Keep your head up and know that it will get better and you can keep working as long as you want to keep working, this disease doesn't define you or rule you only you rule you.
Take care

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous 05/28/05 09:14 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   08/24/05 11:51 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV SistasUpperRoom   08/11/05 10:24 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   08/06/05 01:11 AM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/23/05 04:02 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Love1   06/20/05 05:14 AM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV LivingPoz   06/08/05 04:08 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV debtex   06/02/05 10:09 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/18/05 03:15 AM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   05/30/05 12:19 AM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/02/05 02:12 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/03/05 11:31 AM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/06/05 03:05 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV tootoo   05/29/05 09:15 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV sage   05/29/05 03:43 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/06/05 01:39 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8834

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3