The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Anonymous
Unregistered

Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV
      05/28/05 09:14 PM

I know that this disease doesn't discriminate. But I feel so alone as a black woman living with this disease. I'm the person in the family that everyone looks up to. I attended the best Universities, have a great career, beautiful home and car and a good relationship with my fiance....the perfect life to the outsider. I was diagnosed on May 17...and I'm dealing with this the best way that I can. But, other than my fiance doctor's, and a support group that I attended, no one knows that my life is a living hell. Please don't think badly of me that I feel this way...but of the women/men that I've met with this disease they had all of the classic rick factors (gay/lesbian, drug use, etc.), they're not working now because of various reasons, several did not have any insurance benefits. My behavior is not any more acceptable neither, but I believe that I contracted HIV from my fiance (his results are not in yet) or from a past college boyfriend. I felt odd being in the group, with my Chanel purse sitting next to me and a new Mercedes parked in the garage. I've worked hard and have been blessed...and now I feel that I'm going to lose it all. I'm worried that my job will find out, that I may not be able to work anymore, that I will lose my home, car, and my mind. I'm worried about disappointing and hurting my parents the most -they don't deserve this! I had all of my blood work (CD4, etc.) completed last Monday and now I'm waiting on the results - I'm nervous, what if it's more bad news (Hepatitis, start meds now!, etc.)

I welcome any and all feeback, but I would like to hear from other professional working, educated women who share a similar experience. I also would like to hear from other minority women - we're the most rising population for HIV infection, but yet we still don't communicate with one another enough.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous 05/28/05 09:14 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   08/24/05 11:51 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV SistasUpperRoom   08/11/05 10:24 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   08/06/05 01:11 AM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/23/05 04:02 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Love1   06/20/05 05:14 AM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV LivingPoz   06/08/05 04:08 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV debtex   06/02/05 10:09 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/18/05 03:15 AM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   05/30/05 12:19 AM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/02/05 02:12 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/03/05 11:31 AM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/06/05 03:05 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV tootoo   05/29/05 09:15 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV sage   05/29/05 03:43 PM
. * Re: Support for professional women diagnosed with HIV Anonymous   06/06/05 01:39 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8951

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3