Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: Atripla - my story
      09/17/13 08:58 PM

Two thumbs up for Atripla from me, I started in early April (diagnosed Feb/13) and by end of June was undetectable, although cd4's still quite low, but doc says that will take some time to improve since I was quite sick when I started (single digit cd4's). My medical team was quite impressed and pleased that Atripla took me to undetectable so quickly.

As for side effects, nothing, although they ask me all the time ... there is really nothing out of the ordinary. I mean I have muscle aches and joint aches but I pass that off as more my age and physical activity over being a side effect. They always ask about a rash, nothing. Wild dreams and halucinations, sad to say nothing again ... a psychadelic trip would have been fun from time to time, but no luck! Like I told my doc I had better halucinations when I was drinking excessively!

I do feel a little dizzy an hour or so after taking the pill, I take it at 10pm and being a night person, sometimes I stay up until around 1 or so, by midnight I feel light headed ... but again hard to say a side effect. I also have some midnight munchies happening from time to time too, and that doesn't seem to effect it ... even though it's recommended to be taken on an empty stomach!

When the doc showed me the selection of meds and what would be probably the best for me in the condition I was in, it was Atripla, it has worked wonders for me and unless it stops working, it's my pill of choice for life!!!!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Atripla - my story ImaNiceGuy 09/17/13 09:47 AM
. * Re: Atripla - my story livingthelife   07/17/14 11:49 PM
. * Re: Atripla - my story anotherday   09/17/13 08:58 PM
. * Re: Atripla - my story anotherday   09/23/13 06:18 PM
. * Re: Atripla - my story ImaNiceGuy   09/17/13 09:36 PM
. * Re: Atripla - my story lilfshrmn   09/17/13 05:03 PM
. * Re: Atripla - my story ImaNiceGuy   09/17/13 07:29 PM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2264

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3