Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

BrokenWingedBird
Expert

Reged: 11/30/04
Loc: United Kingdom.
Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada
      08/28/13 04:48 PM

bscottmatt, I don't suffer from "the fog" as badly as you report you do, but I do suffer from it to some degree and so I understand what you're saying.

You've got to stay on those meds. You say anti-depressants haven't helped. That means you have to find some other way of reducing that fog.

My fog is with me every single morning. I feel like I've woken up in a refrigerator. Everything in the world seems grey and devoid of life. It's pretty miserable.

Here's what I have learnt to do.

I force myself to down some breakfast and a cup of coffee, and then I immediately begin to read aloud a novel of great quality - the kind of novel that requires you to THINK or otherwise you just won't understand what you're reading. The first five to ten minutes of this are difficult. Sometimes I have to repeat sentences several times, aloud, in order to understand them! But by persevering I force my brain THROUGH the mental fog. And I can honestly report to you that after just half an hour's reading aloud, with concentration, the fog has gone, my brain is in the right groove, and I'm ready for my bath and to face the rest of the day.

Give it a try for several weeks! First thing every morning.

The other thing I do is that AFTER my bath, as soon as I've got my underclothes on, I force myself to do a dozen exercises. I do roughly 20 repetitions of each exercise. The first is simple squats: standing with legs a little apart, I go right down, keeping the soles of the feet firmly on the ground, hold near the floor for a few moments, and then rise again to vertical position. This I follow with 20 lunges: lunging first on the left leg and then holding position above the floor for a few moments, before returning to vertical and then lunging forward on the other leg. I won't go through all my exercises, except to say that the last one involves running on the spot, knees as high as possible, until I am absolutely puffed out. All this lasts only 20 minutes and by the end of it I feel so good it's addictive.

Really focus on these two methods, bscottmatt; give them a couple of weeks; and I would be very surprised if they don't help.

Best.
BWB.

--------------------
Without a dream, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly. Keep hold of your dreams.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada bscottmatt 08/09/13 10:39 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada Chris07   08/22/13 07:09 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada bscottmatt   08/27/13 06:44 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada BrokenWingedBird   08/28/13 04:48 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada bscottmatt   08/31/13 05:01 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada BrokenWingedBird   08/23/13 06:57 AM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada iam1   08/14/13 11:13 AM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada BrokenWingedBird   08/14/13 06:41 AM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada bscottmatt   08/20/13 06:20 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada BigRiji   08/11/13 06:00 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2618

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3