Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Health and Treatment Issues >> Treatment & Side Effects

iam1
Regular

Reged: 06/17/09
Loc: Georgia
Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada
      08/14/13 11:13 AM

Thank you for pointing out what should be extremely obvious to the world - ALL DOCTORS ARE NOT THE SAME!

In this day we have doctors that are more and more specialized. They've gone to school and think they know everything there is to know about whatever it is they're treating. Refusing to hear anybody's opinion but their own. Everything is black and white in their eyes.

But, we get into this small gray area I like to refer to as humanity. There are over 7 billion people on this great planet. Each an individual. So, what works for the first 6.9 billion of us won't work for that last 0.1 billion. And, like it or not someone from that 0.1 billion that things aren't working for is going to go into that doctor's office and be treated like the other 6.9 billion.

Your doctor didn't listen to you. That was and will continue to be his or her major flaw. It doesn't matter in the doctor is the smartest person in the world and the patient is the most ignorant. (NOT saying you are!) Sometimes the patient knows something the doctor doesn't simply because the patient has the 24/7 experience of being the patient.

I don't know your care situation, but for most medium and large city clinics there is an option of a different doctor. ASK/DEMAND to see a different doctor if possible! Explain to your new doctor that you're not trying to be a problem child, but your previous doctor didn't listen to you.

It's important for each of us to express clearly our concerns regarding our treatment. You wouldn't believe how many times a day the doctor goes into the exam room, asks questions, and gets back the exact same response - I'm okay. Then the person will leave the doctor's office and start complaining before they get to the sidewalk/parking lot about how the doctor never listens to them.

It's not as if we're doctor hopping to get better drugs. All the medications being used to treat HIV work basically the same - they stop the virus.

Sit down and face your doctor. Get in his or her face and tell them they're not listening to you. Tell them that 2 years is more than long enough to the side effects to have passed. If they still don't listen try finding a new doctor.

Be sure to communicate with your new doctor. They want to help you. But, they need to hear more than an "I'm okay" to get it done.

And, let us know how you're doing.

Post Extras: Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire thread
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada bscottmatt 08/09/13 10:39 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada Chris07   08/22/13 07:09 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada bscottmatt   08/27/13 06:44 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada BrokenWingedBird   08/28/13 04:48 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada bscottmatt   08/31/13 05:01 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada BrokenWingedBird   08/23/13 06:57 AM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada iam1   08/14/13 11:13 AM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada BrokenWingedBird   08/14/13 06:41 AM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada bscottmatt   08/20/13 06:20 PM
. * Re: Reyetaz, Norvir and Truvada BigRiji   08/11/13 06:00 AM

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  bogart, TheBody, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2855

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3